Harry Styles rocks a dress for Vogue, gets attacked by dopes

Check. Mate.

30 Likes
12 Likes

I was this close ->. to posting an Eddie Izzard bit. You win!!! +1!!!11!1!111

13 Likes

Bowie’s dancing on that rendition of “Boys Keep Swinging” was wonderful.

8 Likes

I feel like I am in a position to clear up some confusion, here, for Shapiro and Peterson and their ilk.

You see, if some dude has qualities that appeal to me – when I wouldn’t feel the same about the same qualities in a woman – what that tells me is that I’m sexually attracted to him.

I find that, with that simple bit of self-awareness, I am mostly free of the need to spatter everyone else with angry, overwrought theories about how they should live, based on stuff that gave me confusing subconscious urges in elementary school. Hopefully Ben Shapiro will get there some day. We’re all rooting for you, sport.*

* some of us may not actually be rooting for you all that much, you witless prick

13 Likes

“The East” lol. That person definitely doesn’t know wtf they are talking about. “The West” historically has more strict gendered dress codes.

But the point is not to be accurate, the point is to sound accurate.

7 Likes

Which is the sequel to “The n*****s are going to take your wimmin because their dicks are bigger than yours.”

4 Likes

Why would anyone who knew what Ben Shapiro sounded and looked like ever take him seriously on this subject?

Also- this idea that men in the East are all macho?

In Japan, a large portion of the male population can barely function around women. Otaku is not a badge of honor there the way it has become outside Japan- the term is an ostracization there. It’s used almost like the word perv is here. It’s widely recognized as a type of general term, and you can be an Otaku of nearly any subject. Women there throw it around like a term for any man who’s nerdy and not getting a date or creeping them out.

Gender stereotypes have gone all over the place in Japan, with many Japanese women similar in personality to American women privately, but submissive professionally. The opposite is true for many men, and the toxic machismo culture endemic to the country traditionally has left a lot of men finding it impossible to get a date.

It’s a lot more complex than this but as a foreigner who spoke the language living there I observed some interesting gender dynamics with a lot of Japanese men being very different from what this woman with Ben seems to believe.

The term that someone threw out above kind of resonates with a lot of men there just not even wanting to make the mental effort to find a woman. Many I talked to don’t know how. It’s much more obvious there than it is here.

7 Likes

IMO, one of the best SNL musical appearances ever.
There have been some great ones, but this is hard to beat…

9 Likes

The important thing is that they found a way to tack some xenophobia onto their rants about gender norms.

12 Likes

Dear Ben,

Jesus never once wore pants. All the founding fathers wore high heels and frilly blouses.

And guys who can’t get their wife to WAP-status shouldn’t criticize other people’s masculinity.

13 Likes

Lots of curly wigs in that crowd too.

17 Likes

I’m sick to death of all these narrow-minded (do they even have minds?) puritan gits.

12 Likes

I actually literally put some coffee through my nose when I saw it.

Yeah, we know who’s getting some, and it ain’t you, Ben

2 Likes

Shapiro is a distraction generating shit stain on society along the lines of a certain ex dictator. Perhaps they will both fade away?

4 Likes

Not at all! Very good point.

3 Likes

I realize that you’re asking a rhetorical question, but the entire right-wing grifting economy runs on bullshit takes like these. Without their blazing hot takes on how Harry Styles wearing a dress destroys the very foundations of Western Civilization, no one will read what they have to say and in turn they won’t get paid.

So get concerned about Harry Styles’ sartorial choice or Owens and Shapiro will starve. Starve, I tell you!

6 Likes

Well gosh, when you put it that way, I’m suddenly even less concerned about what these fools have to say about anything!

13 Likes

But liberals are the triggered snowflakes.

12 Likes

And me too. I saw the headline and thought “this is so boring, who even cares.”
And now I’ve read the entire thread. Sigh.

7 Likes