Harry Styles rocks a dress for Vogue, gets attacked by dopes

18 Likes

Only on April 1st, sadly.

1 Like

It’s been pointed out that there is a long tradition of male performers playing with and subverting masculine cliches in music and, well, i wanted another excuse to post more Nicky Wire. :smirk:

11 Likes

Isn’t about time for a Village People Reunion?

One where they explain how pretty much every song they ever did was hella gay?

17 Likes

Kilts are great for hot weather.

17 Likes

Milton Berle never got any flack… and that was in the 50s.

13 Likes

There are so many better opportunities for petty bickering about this cover. For instance, this isn’t even a nice dress. Check out Billy Porter’s gown last year or even Iggy Pop’s dress.

5 Likes

Oy!

Why are the creepy little weasel guys, like Shapiro, always the loudest on this topic?

5 Likes

“Full-on idiot” Ben Shapiro has some views on things.
(Every time his name comes up, I recollect the video of him at some debate on climate change, arguing that it wasn’t a big deal for home owners because if their homes ended up underwater [literally under water], they could just sell them… I realized how low the bar was for “conservative thinkers” at that point, and every time he opens his yap, I can only regard his utterances with the greatest of contempt.)

[Looks at Candace Owens and Ben Shapiro] Literally, no.

I saw someone on that Twitter thread claiming that by wearing a dress, Styles was literally stating his desire to be a woman. That’s some real sophisticated gender theory analysis going on there.

That’s code for something, but damned if I can figure out what it is.

Is that it? It’s a weird position - being Islamophobic, but also pointing to them as something to be emulated at the same time. “They’re horrible monsters who treat women terribly! We should have their gender politics.”

Doesn’t look like they ever stopped (albeit with an ever-changing line-up):

I think you may have answered your own question, there…

12 Likes

I have that hat!

3 Likes

And these nobody’s…

17 Likes

Here’s a full length shot.

For Styles, his friend and muse Gucci’s Alessandro Michele crafted a frothy, lace-trimmed creation, paired here with a double-breasted tuxedo jacket.

11 Likes

Better gird your loins, Ben…

and this variant is most excellent:

24 Likes

The captions on the latter are wonderful. But for it to flare out like that, the skirt would probablly have too much structure to gird.

4 Likes

I learned something new today.

4 Likes

I see what you did there. :wink:

@NukeML: Skirts of all sorts are the bestest in hot weather. Uptight guys have no clue what they’re missing in the comfort department.

12 Likes

I couldn’t possibly say why, but I have noticed whenever I have worn a dress (or even a kilt) to a social gathering I have gotten a lot more attention from women. I presume it is the same for rock stars.

12 Likes

Shapiro thinks he’s the Chad in this meme, when he’s clearly the Virgin. (He even looks like him.)

6 Likes

Real men know how to rock the hell out of a dress:

23 Likes