Judge gives free pass to elderly man who solicited prostitute

can someone roll anything so hard their something or other falls out?

1 Like

Tonsiliths?

2 Likes

“I could see no compelling reason to continue to prosecute Mr. Klein on the ticket he was issued for accosting and soliciting,” Forsyth said. “He is 87 years old with absolutely no criminal record. In addition, I am told he struggles to some degree with dementia.”

Yeah, good call there, ace.

1 Like

I hear it being sung in my head as I also read the words and understand them, I don’t need a weatherman to know this really blows. Thanks a lot… are you Obama? grrrr I am just so darn mad.

It does if he was suffering to some degree of dementia…

Assuming that wasn’t part of the excuse!

1 Like

BLOODY BLEEDING HEART JUDGE!
THIS IS EXACTLY WHY WE NEED MORE MANDATORY SENTENCING!!!

11 Likes

Well, maybe the sex worker did look like someone that went to his church, but going to the place where… others congregate and inviting her into his car… seems as if he had more worldly intentions in mind. Whether he deserves to be arrested or not, this seems a very specific manifeststion of dementia.

If it was that bad, he should not be allowed to drive unwatched :frowning:

Is there a list somewhere of what I can be let off vs. years without involvement in the criminal justice system?

2 Likes

At 87 there aren’t many people that shouldn’t be.

3 Likes

Now if we could just expand this to the many other victimless crimes we have…

6 Likes

Is that the official sarcasm font to be used on Boing Boing now? I need to know, because I anticipate using it. A lot.

2 Likes

I am so waiting until I’m 87 then assassinating someone who sorely needs it…

So far no run ins with the law. Just have to stay clean for roughly another half century…

3 Likes

At least he asked. More nurses get assaulted and groped (and bitten) in the dementia wards of old age homes than anywhere else .

If he was suffering from dementia, at least he was together enough to ask instead of just groping.

1 Like

Shouldn’t be so hard, just don’t get shot.

1 Like

And pay. (He wasn’t charged with larceny.)

2 Likes

Well good luck with that, but they may frown a little more on murder than they do on paid for consensual sex. Although if you want to be able to have loads of people killed with impunity why not consider going into politics?

3 Likes

True. Who would want to get away with piddly few kills in a law enforcement career when one could rack up an orders of magnitude higher score in just a few days of a little pet war a continent away.

1 Like

What? Compassion and common sense in the law? There’s hope for us yet…

Oh, sure. Jesus preaches to the prostitutes and he’s a role model of humility and compassion. But some dude from Grand Rapids starts chatting them up and suddenly he’s a “dirty old man.”

3 Likes

It’s ok, I’m not black. I’m apparently the least suspicious sort of semi-brown (the asian looking type). Been pulled over twice, no tickets yet. Enjoying my privilege…