Judge jails politician who chanted "I'm a naughty Tory" during sexual assault

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/15/judge-jails-politician-who-cha.html

4 Likes

i’m not generally a fan of corporal punishment, and there’s every possibility this guy might enjoy it, but a public spanking accompanied to a chant of “you’re a naughty tory” might actually be appropriate in this case as an add-on to his two year sentence.

4 Likes

Sooner or later, a British UK Conservative politician or official is bound to take the concept of rape from the metaphorical to the literal. It’s in their nature.

1 Like

My first thought was we’d finally found out who this guy was, but the timelines don’t match

Two years is better than nothing, especially for a man with some amount of power.

After reading the article about his sentencing, it’s clear he feels entitled to sexually assault young women, saying he hasn’t done anything criminal. No, ex-MP, you are guilty of criminal wrongdoing, that’s why you’re going to jail. Two years won’t be enough for him to learn anything.

8 Likes

Too lenient, and, not to kink shame, potentially not punitive. Second or third story defenestration is appropriate.

Sounds like a pretty run-of-the-mill Tory to me.

2 Likes

eeer…story

Thatcher’s lordship appointments not enough?

1 Like

Spanking? He’d enjoy it. Since Tories love Tradition let’s go with horsewhipping, tarring, feathering, and getting ridden out of town on a fresh split rail.

Well, he’s just been convicted of (three counts of) Sexual Assault, so it would be fair to say that this has happened.
It will be interesting to see whether this successful prosecution might embolden hypothetical other victims of politicians to come forward.

2 Likes

Elphicke is not in his 50s yet, so that story was never going to be about him.

1 Like

No. Maybe read the original post?

I was being cheeky… sorry if it offends :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.