Judge orders Georgia prosecution of Trump and his co-conspirators to be televised

Even when TFG was still in office we were seeing members of his cabinet and inner circle get felony convictions on a semi-regular basis. The legal system has shown itself to be remarkably resilient in the face of the MAGA movement, all things considered.

14 Likes

You seem nice.

8 Likes

What happens if he’s guilty in Georgia, so no federal pardon possible, regardless of any future POTUS’s wishes? Would a Georgia governor be able to pardon him?

1 Like

No President could pardon Trump if convicted of state crimes in Georgia, but Georgia is also one of just a handful of states where the Governor doesn’t have pardon power either—that responsibility falls to a five-member panel of appointees that are at least nominally insulated from political pressures.

If he gets convicted in Georgia he’s pretty much toast.

11 Likes

6 Likes

They must be disappointed with the results then. :frowning:

Smbc Co-op

8 Likes

2015 wasn’t that great, either.

5 Likes

… you can program the simulator next time :control_knobs:

2 Likes

this is going to be bigger than the OJ trial and I watched THAT every day.
I work part time during the week so I may miss a few things but we have the InterWebs…boys, make the popcorn!

1 Like

The phrase I’ve heard is “Monsters never despair”. Sitting around and letting cynicism bog us down is a tactic. It won’t make us better or more capable, it’ll just sap our willingness to do more.

More and more I appreciate that enthusiasm and dedication hold their value.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.