Judge tells jury to acquit accused sex trafficker because God said she's innocent

That’s what I thought. Delirium is serious and it really happens to people. On it’s face the story sounds like someone acting in a very bizarre manner. If I were on the discipline board, I’d want to hear if this behaviour was actually aberrant or if it was just pushing it a little further than their normal. That is, is severe impairment a plausible explanation, or was this judge always a raging idiot?

8 Likes

5 Likes

Well, Jesus was English on his father’s side.

6 Likes

Wait, what? Or did I misunderstand your bullet point?

In this case:

36-year-old Julio Jimenez-Ramirez and 31-year-old Gloria Romero Perez face human trafficking charges, a first degree felony, after authorities say the two created a contract to sell a teenaged girl.

8 Likes

How many more millennia is this episode expected to last?

2 Likes

But it’s all right now. In fact it’s a gas.

Are you referring to “sex work” as in prostitution, or “sex trafficking” as in trafficking humans for purposes of sex slavery? Because those are way different things.

4 Likes

Here’s the thing. I’ll allow it. I am perfectly fine with anyone for any reason saying “god told me XYZ is what he wants”.

BUT…I need corroborating evidence. I need an audio/ video recording of God saying this. I need analysts to confirm that it is God’s voice print and/or God in said video. He needs at least 3 forms of identification. I need God sworn in & under oath to testify in court He said it was ok. I need God to take a lie detector test. And I even would appreciate at least a couple character witness to provide proof that God is trust worthy.

Here’s a fictional example:

I meant sex work, not sex slavery.

5 Likes

This case is definitely about the latter. The woman on trial is charged with selling her 15-year-old niece into sexual slavery. “Sex trafficking” usually refers to “human trafficking for sexual exploitation,” not “consenting adults engaging in sex work.”

5 Likes

I’ll edit the original comment on Monday, when I’m back at work.

5 Likes

There are some good bits. Mostly the parts where Jesus goes all proto-anti-capitalist and Peter founds an anarchist commune.

I suppose it’s the same as all self help books though, some good stuff with a load of unneccessary bad stuff around it.

4 Likes

God told me that judge is an idiot.

3 Likes

a la George Burns: “So help me me.”

My first thought was it sounded like a polite way to say he was intoxicated without admitting it. “Something something medical condition, brief delirium, nothing to see now! Not like my judgment might be impaired or anything!”

1 Like

Oh he’s fine! Back to work Judge.

1 Like

Did think you misspoke. All is well.

2 Likes

Juror: “Is there a checkbox on this form to convict the JUDGE?”

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.