Just in time for Halloween, a new Hellmouth opens near Salem

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/11/just-in-time-for-halloween-a.html

12 Likes

Buffy-when-the-apocalypse-comes-beep-me

16 Likes

where Massachusetts’ sneakily-privatized and FOIA-immune NEMLEC SWAT Units are headquartered

They acquiesced to their records being FOIA-elgible years ago. ACLU of Massachusetts v. NEMLEC | ACLU Massachusetts

2 Likes

If we start hearing about “gas leaks” causing “mass hallucinations”, you can take that as confirmation it is indeed all hell-mouthy there.

12 Likes

Coming up on Halloween…

2 Likes

The Hellmouth is right in front of a place that advertises rosaries and just down the street from the Blaire House, which absolutely must be related to The Blaire Witch Project. I mean, it’s so obvious!

6 Likes

My brother lives in Tewksbury. I’ll have to get the scoop from him. He’s a trustworthy soul. Certainly not the kind that would be part of a secret cabal to open such a thing.

7 Likes

It’s Massachusetts. As long as their house is not visible from the road and they have enough money without being flashy, no one cares where they came from.

3 Likes

A hellmouth near Salem? What is Trump doing in Massachusetts?

5 Likes

No, a hellMOUTH.

2 Likes

Eliza Dushku’s brother Aaron ran for reelection to city council here in Watertown a few years ago, and the missus and me were delighted to see her holding a sign for him outside our polling place when we went to vote.

3 Likes

Too good not to share

1 Like

A lot of orange in that graphic.

Well, we actually pronounce it “hellmith”.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.