Just look at this bananamobile that a cop pulled over because he wanted to give the driver $20.

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/23/na-na-na-na-bananaman.html

10 Likes

“It’s the cops! Let’s split!”

Car peels out, gives police the slip

77 Likes

You win the thread, we can stop here and just look at it.

42 Likes

I can’t tell from the pic. Is the Fleegel or Bingo driving?

15 Likes

I wonder if that vehicle was designed as an intentional homage to Richard Scarry.

32 Likes

This story is just bananas

12 Likes

I might enjoy a ride in that but it will have to wait until it ripens. They’re sweetest when they have brown freckles.

7 Likes

I don’t care that the cop handed the driver $20. Pulling him over was unquestionably an abuse of his power and at minimum that cop should be sanctioned over it.

15 Likes

I saw the bananamobile in 2018. It was turning left off Recreation Drive onto Irving Park road in Chicago at roughly 3:30pm on a Sunday. Naturally, I lost my mind. My children, fans of Richard Scary’s screwball humor well past the age when it was socially rewarded, were alerted to its presence by my manic screaming of “BANANAMOBILE.” They were quick to recognize the significance of this moment. We treasure this memory.

There’s no doubt it was the same vehicle. It’s not the sort of thing one forgets. Just look at it.

32 Likes

Just don’t park it near other cars, or it will cause them to prematurely ripen, too.

29 Likes

I don’t think this guy quite gets Mario Kart, but points for effort.

5 Likes

American media are inordinately fond of reporting this kind of event – police officers abusing their authority by stopping and detaining drivers without legal cause – as “feel good” human interest stories.

This is not OK.

10 Likes

And you gots to be careful about leaving your Macbook, iPhone, and iPad in it also.

5 Likes
4 Likes

I hear it is really good at going round bends.

5 Likes

Perhaps the vehicle just didn’t tally man.

23 Likes

I didn’t realize how much I need to look at the just-look-at-it tag.

2 Likes

Headlights on and me wanna drive home.

13 Likes

Looks like he got his six-foot, seven-foot, eight-foot bunch all in one go. He should really check for tarantulas, though.

4 Likes

The cop made matters even worse by how he handed him his license back with a bill, bribe style. Nothing cute about this, except the car.

1 Like