Just look at this curved yellow fruit

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/06/05/whatchamacallit.html

19 Likes

Reminds me of these tasty bites I found at my local grocery store:

39 Likes

Curved Yellow Fruit is great in your morning oatmeal.

21 Likes

So, imitation bananas? Like imitation crab?

10 Likes

I assume you mean “rolled grain soup.”

40 Likes

And Jehovah God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest the round red fruit thou shalt surely die.

atozgiphy

15 Likes

Who’re you calling a curved yellow fruit?

8 Likes

Great. Now I really want a glazed yeast ring. Thanks for bringing that up.

11 Likes

Yes, they are stored next to the round orange fruit (I forget what that fruit is called, the juice is delicious though.)

12 Likes

My trademark on the term “Banana®” went into effect as of June 1, 2019. If you have not yet purchased a license, kindly cease and desist from using the term in online postings.

28 Likes

Fits right in with LiartownUSA. Previously: https://boingboing.net/2013/03/08/if-you-like-surreal-photoshop.html (sadly that blog has taken a long term/forever break)

5 Likes

Should say: Artisanal handpicked curved yellow fruit. Also, should be $1.50!

4 Likes

Please, please, please! Be careful what you wish for!!

Which?

16 Likes

Is it a squash of some kind?
I’ve never seen them with squared off ridges along the length like that. The result of growing under too tightly packed conditions in factory farm setting?

4 Likes

Finally some in-store pics of Apple Cabin Foods. I’ve always wondered what that place looked like.

24 Likes

I’m looking at a curved peach fruit right now!!

heh

4 Likes

The price is really cheap. Maybe there’s like a banana consortium that establishes a price floor; and if you sell them any cheaper than that you can’t use the word “banana”.

5 Likes

My kid’s early years were spent in coffee shops and we didn’t ever buy typical junk food items. So one day walking through the grocery store when my daughter was 3 or 4, we walked past the Hostess products area. She exclaimed excitedly, “LOOK CHOCOLATE BAGELS!” when she saw the chocolate doughnuts.

7 Likes

All well and good. However, I did not use the term for which is under scrutiny, but was merely quoting the term.
Good day sir

4 Likes