Just look at this suspect's gun that turned out to be a banana

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/05/26/or-are-you-just-glad-to-see-me.html

5 Likes

Curious they cite multiple reports — not just one person thought a banana was a gun, but a whole bunch of them, independently. Folie à peel?

6 Likes

… How…? Was it wrapped in something? Did the guy have the banana in his pocket as a mock-gun, trying to rob people with it? Was he brandishing it as if it were an actual gun? Did he keep reaching for his banana, which he kept obscured, stuck into the waist of his pants (or in a holster)? Is that an actual picture of the banana in question (or did someone just photograph a banana so that we’d know what one looked like)? (Did people see a bright yellow banana and think, “There’s a gun”?) If that’s the banana in question, did the police confiscate it so they could photograph it?

So many questions.

Yeah, I just don’t get how one mistakes a banana for a gun, much less how it triggers reports, plural. (Though could all the reports have come from one person? That would… explain some things.)

11 Likes

Peel. Peel before your leader.

12 Likes

Is that a banana in your pants or are you happy to be robbing me?

4 Likes

How many times did they shoot him?

1 Like

6b08c6b80d293a93145698034a557adb0a9e9445_1_690x387

19 Likes

Banana? That’s worse than a gun.
Monty_Python_Self_Defense_against_Fresh_Fruit

20 Likes

That must have been one hell of an overly ripe/rotten banana.

3 Likes

Yes, but was it loaded?

2 Likes

I completely understand the confusion. I once peeled and ate a banana, and it wasn’t until a while later I realized it was a gun.

6 Likes

“That’s some good police work there, Lou.”

7 Likes

Good thing it didn’t have a pear trigger.

8 Likes

Forget it, Jake…

6 Likes

This was in Canada, not the US, so the suspect might still be alive.

5 Likes

13 Likes

10 Likes

The suspect, a Mr Talleyman, was last seen bearing a 30 caliber Cavendish, but he gave me the slip. Keep your eyes peeled. He hangs with a bunch of clowns, their size 18 shoes a dead giveaway. Approach with caution - we don’t know what their plantain is.

10 Likes

Not the first guy to bring a banana to a gun fight:

3 Likes

Classifying bananas as weapons is a slippery slope.

8 Likes