Justice Stephen Breyer plans to retire from Supreme Court

I don’t understand. Is this a bad thing in your opinion?

1 Like

I think we’re all so used to the GOP stacking the court with FedSocs that a lot of people reacted that way out of habit.

6 Likes

Biden’s list is huge. Just going with the Court of Appeals (19 nominees) and based on names and photographs, the list leans very heavily toward racial/ethnic minorities. Also, 14 of the nominees are female. :blush:

5 Likes

More analysis…

10 Likes

It’ll go through 53-47 or better. Romney, Collins, and Murkowski are all going to defer to Biden on this one. And McConnell isn’t going to do much to even slow things down. He can’t hold the caucus together on this one and so won’t try.

3 Likes

It’ll change Trump’s situation, of course.

it’s surprising that donations are need when they have all those thoughts and prayers. do they not trust god’s plan anymore??

(/s. sort of.)

5 Likes

Wtf? Why would picking VP Harris make any sense at all?

Saw as a headline on Fox news. I will hold my nose and link Newsweek, but not fox news

7 Likes

and maybe a tad of - i’m 83 f’ing years old and don’t want to sit near no mask gorsuch

7 Likes

Oh, please nominate Anita Hill! Please, please, please!

13 Likes

korova-milk-bar-a-clockwork-orange

5 Likes

Somehow the image of a tortoise with its underwear all bunched up keeps trying to form in my brain. It’s not a pretty sight but it does amuse me

3 Likes

It doesn’t. They’re probably just pushing the story that Biden and Harris don’t get along. While also reminding their 99% white viewership that there’s a black person just a heartbeat away from the presidency. Gasp – yet another one already!

15 Likes

Just more fear mongering and race baiting. It’s all they have in life.

14 Likes

Eh, they aren’t happy about the thought of a black woman on the bench either.

9 Likes

Because clearly he’s going to nominate a random Black woman via lottery, rather than one who is qualified for the position IN ADDITION TO diversifying the bench. :roll_eyes:

17 Likes

And someone might want to break it to them about the filibuster.

(There is a memory hole in their mind.)

12 Likes

Uh Huh Reaction GIF by Originals

7 Likes

And hey, that might have the added bonus of giving Clarence Thomas a heart attack.

11 Likes

We need more women on the bench and it’s good that Biden is starting there, but eventually I’d love to see former constitutional law professor Barack Obama nominated for a seat (if he’d be willing to do it.)

The man is clearly qualified and there’s even precedent for a former President being named a Justice. (Republican William Howard Taft) it would be fun to watch the Republican meltdown if they went through with it and confirmed him to a lifetime appointment.

10 Likes