Justin Lin is bringing the One Punch Man anime to the silver screen

Originally published at: Justin Lin is bringing the One Punch Man anime to the silver screen | Boing Boing

1 Like

An absurd, over the top production would actually be quite fitting for something like this for once. Getting the guy who put in a lot of absurd over the top stuff in a popular film series that made bank will help it a lot. Also i’m glad the OPM fans dodged the bad Netflix adaptation bullet.

4 Likes

If they keep the underlying humor of Saitama then this might be actually good.

2 Likes

In a surprise twist, it turns out the entire one-punch universe was Caillou’s fever dream… :wink:

1 Like

Agreed! If it remains a satire poking fun at fighting anime tropes it will be great. If it transitions into a superhero focused satire that would be ok too, but I love the Shonen references.

1 Like

I look forward to avoiding the online fan rants after it comes out about how the details are different and they’ve ruined the story and cast the wrong actors, etc.

1 Like

i think we need the subject of the satire in movie form before the satire itself can land properly. otherwise people who are new to it won’t get it

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.