Kansas Senate wants to imprison teachers who assign books it dislikes

I had a high school history teacher who used to open up his stapler and swat this big dumb acting kid’s ass as he walked by. Nowadays he’d probably be in prison.

Forget it, Jake. It’s Chinatown.

Don’t say that too loud. or they’ll sack it again… http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacking_of_Lawrence You know, because the third time’s a charm.

2 Likes

You know, that’s as good a reason as any for Google to have picked Kansas for the initial rollout of fiber.

(In the interest of full disclosure, in my neighborhood of Olathe I have the choice 3-4 ISPs, excluding Google, and at least one of them currently offers gigabit speeds for $70.)

1 Like

Teachers in Kansas should start getting themselves arrested then. Jury nullification could make this a dead letter law in no time. At the same time, the public failure of the law could be a rally point to getting those jerks removed from office.

1 Like

Don’t be insulting!

We have no reason to think Neanderthals were so backwards as this lot.

Hey! Let’s not insult the troglodytes, some of whom are fine upstanding people, rather than these… you know, I’m trying to think up a better comparison, but I don’t think I can think of anything more derogatory than Kansas Republican Senators.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.