Kanye gave Kim a hologram of her dead father

Can a peppers ghost actually show a dead person? Nope. The tech to do that - while not perfect - is neat.

Did the hologram have a big H on it’s forehead, because if not, it’s not a real hologram.

9 Likes

That’s not her dad. That’s Tupac!

Who can make something so uniquely touching and creepy at the same time? Mr. Kanye West’s gift/curse.

1 Like

Looked a lot like David Strathairn to me.

1 Like

Sadly, I both know of and have experienced that exact face more than once, in my own life. My condolences; it was never pleasant.

1 Like

Doesn’t Kanye have an election campaign to run? Most of the other candidates are devoting their energy towards Tuesdays vote.

1 Like

I honestly can’t find this any weirder than the practice of making up a dead person like they are just resting for everyone to file by and have a look and maybe a chat.

To really see a dead person, dig up the body. Anything else is fakery, the kind deplorables like.

1 Like

According to the urban dictionary a peefee is a queef/vaginal fart.

Not something I want my dead father talking to be me about.

I’m praying it means something else in that family, but I don’t think we’re that lucky.

That’s my dose of vicarious thrills for the week.

You’ve given me something to mull over on my next hoverboard ride.

1 Like

This!

My thoughts on this? Who Khares?

1 Like

The proper place for a posthumous hologram (with audio) is on the tombstone. A smiling head can say, “Welcome to my afterlife. Don’t I look like myself?”

1 Like

I am 100% on board with this. I couldn’t come up with his name. Gramercy.

1 Like

Reminds me of tim heidecker’s On Cinema character bringing back his CGI hologram of his dead son: https://youtu.be/P4IViUHEPNs

also can we please call these things something other than “hologram”. This isn’t star wars. It’s just a 2D projection on a transparent screen.

1 Like

There’s already a name for it. It’s a very old trick.

Combined with a bit of modern video screen technology and maybe some Deepfakery of course.

I love a good bit of stagecraft but find it frustrating when the deception extends beyond the effect itself, to claims that the technology is something more novel and advanced than it really is.

1 Like

getting technical here but i think of peppers ghost as specifically a mirror based effect as opposed to a projection. but now thats reminding me of a laserdisc based cowboy shootout video game i saw in the early 90s that literally was a combination of peppers ghost and a video screen to “project” the hologram like effect onto a 3d background. though in that case too i remember the characters looking like a flat image floating in space. not actually dimensionally 3d.