Kanye sued by contractor he fired for refusing to install indoor generators in Malibu home he was transforming into featureless bunker

Originally published at: Kanye sued by contractor he fired for refusing to install indoor generators in Malibu home he was transforming into featureless bunker | Boing Boing

5 Likes

The house is on a slope and the lower support columns are directly on the beach sand, just feet from the water. Its time was quite limited no matter what he decided to do with it.

14 Likes

And installing litter boxes?

13 Likes

Eat the billionaires.

16 Likes

“replacing the stairs with slides“

This sounds like a lot of fun. But kind of only once, unless he leaves a staircase or two.

15 Likes

The supports are probably the same kind of construction you would use for the piles that support piers. Sunk deep into firm soil or bedrock. We have plenty examples of piers that have lasted over 100 years. And it looks like there’s a lot of room for sea level rise.

The seaside-dwellers who need to worry are those on cliffs.

12 Likes

i wish someone would whisk me away in a time machine. to times where i never have to read a headline with the names trump, kanye, mtg, jim jordan, clarence thomas, boebert, gaetz, tuberville…

22 Likes

“You know, for kids!

14 Likes

That co2 from generators may explain some behavior.

12 Likes

Understand Captain America GIF

7 Likes

A finger curls on the monkey paw, and in a flash of light Michael_Jason_K is transported back in time to the Cretaceous Period

18 Likes

A moron with money is still a moron.

11 Likes

IMG_3557

10 Likes

Example #1,324,094 of how having money should not be conflated with having taste. Or brains.

6 Likes

The house might look better in a more spacious neighbourhood, As it is, it looks kind of sad and cheap. Just jammed in there with no room to breath.

4 Likes

Going for the Bin Laden secure compound look.

5 Likes

Animated GIF

5 Likes

Our “whole house generator” was a low-hours ebay bargain that was being sold by a local fire department which had installed it indoors in a “generator room”. They needed to upgrade when they upgraded door opening machinery, and the new larger one was being installed outdoors, but this one had both exhaust and makeup air through the wall from outdoors, and the firemen who helped us load were quite happy to describe all the advantages of indoor mounting.
There’s a defunct 1970’s generator in the sub-basement of the building I’m in at the moment, also with ducted-in fresh-air supply and exhaust going up several stories through the roof. The low-oil sensor failed in an era when they were deferring maintenance for budgetary reasons, and it ran too many auto self-tests while oil-starved. The major parts are too big and heavy to fit safely in the freight elevator, but – so far as I know – this indoor generator also managed to avoid killing anyone during the years it was operational.

2 Likes

I had an apartment with a window 15 feet from the building’s diesel emergency generator exhaust. If I had the window open during the monthly tests, my apartment would be filled with toxic smoke.

Given the proximity of the neighbors, there may not be any possible vent location that wouldn’t be an actionable nuisance, indoors or not.

5 Likes

Example number 1 on why installing a generator INSIDE is a bad idea:

Generators can be deadly during hurricanes. Here's what to know about using them safely. - CBS News.

We get these stories fairly regularly here in Australia during cyclone season.

5 Likes