Kanye sued by contractor he fired for refusing to install indoor generators in Malibu home he was transforming into featureless bunker

Obviously no concrete bunker is complete without it’s own fashionable smokestack.

8 Likes

Done properly, eliminating windows and doors would make the house buoyant like a concrete ship. Slap in a couple of marine diesels for propulsion, and Mr. West could try out whether seasteading is for him.

7 Likes

and California gets hurricanes now!

3 Likes

…desantis, mcconnell, musk, kirk, tucker, bakker, lindell, guiliani,…

6 Likes
5 Likes

The Hudsucker Proxy was an entertaining film.

On topic, I hope that everyone with genuine cause sues Kanye.

9 Likes

Amen!

…and may all such cases be successful!

3 Likes

Hm… this reminds me that there is a house for sale in my BFFs neighborhood (ATL)… normally, houses in that neighborhood will go on the market and have an under contract sign within a week… this one has been on the market for a few months now… I asked my friend about it, and it turns out that that part of the neighborhood has a flooding problem. I was wondering if it would be possible to make the house flood proof in some way (although the one in the article is a new build)? Maybe so…

5 Likes

:thinking:

interesting proposition… even if i knew the consequences, i still wouldn’t be quick to say no.

4 Likes

yeah… i got to a point and figured this is a rabbit hole that i am falling into and therefore ended the list. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If you do go that route, make sure to keep hold of your phone and find a nice sandy, muddy spot with lots of sediment - like a lake or floodplain. Then when you’re pretty sure your time is up, flop down in an amusing position clearly holding your phone. That way in several tens of millions of years some palaeontologists might find a truly mind-blowing fossil.

4 Likes

3 and 4 sound promising. Not sure if water could seep in through the basement. (My parents – now living in PA – had a problem with ground water very slowly seeping in via the basement walls; interior treatment there didn’t help. Always smelled mildewy. So, they had an underground moat built around their place. Captured water would be automatically pumped to a suitable spot when reaching a certain level in the moat. Based on my visits and sleeping in the basement – converted to playroom and spare bedroom – the moat works.)

1 Like

Of course it’s possible to put a generator in a building, as long as you make sure it gets air and exhaust goes outside and it doesn’t take air from inside or put exhaust inside. I’m sure Kanye either didn’t design for those or actively told the contractor not to do them or some other sort of “do you know who I am” / “I’m god and jesus and the devil, obey me” stuff.

I’m somehow thinking of “The Mist” when I think of ‘backup generators’, too.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.