Kanye West's "campaign" to become President is already over

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/15/kanye-west-ends-campaign-t.html

5 Likes

A shame. There was a poll showing that he would have peeled off about 2% of votes from Trump, without taking any from Biden. Some people are always looking to vote for demonstrably crazy people, I guess.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/campaign/507266-kanye-west-gets-2-percent-in-national-presidential-poll%3Famp

10 Likes

Was Kim his VP pick?

1 Like

That’s the real reason he’s not continuing the charade. Waste of money and it won’t pull votes from Biden as planned.

16 Likes

Which Kim? Or does it even matter?

10 Likes

I don’t want to throw an overly hot take out there, but I’m starting to think that this Kanye gentleman may be primarily concerned with self-promotion and also may not have thought the practicalities of this whole thing through before announcing.

38 Likes
2 Likes

That’s easy, Jong-un.
Or maybe Stanley Robinson.

6 Likes

Son, owning a rhyming dictionary does not qualify someone for the Presidency.

16 Likes

Look who finally learned the art of self-deprecating humor.

Well played, sir. Now go crawl back into that hole and die.

24 Likes

I’m not American, but I would vote for literally anybody if Kim Stanley Robinson was also on the ticket.

10 Likes

Somehow a small-town mayor from Indiana and a congressman from Dublin, California figured it out.

4 Likes

Thank god. One of the lesser evil side effects of 45 is to ‘legitimize’ or normalize the notion that a complete political neophyte can be elected to the highest office in the country. I can only imagine what the future has in store for us…(you know, apart from environmental collapse, mass starvation, global warfare, industrialized genocide, new global pandemics, cannibalism, the extinction of most large mammals including humans, etc. etc.)

5 Likes

Not thinking through practicalities didn’t stop you-know-who…

6 Likes

Well if the professional politicians wanted to fix this maybe they could supply some better candidates

3 Likes

It must be physically exhausting to be that starved for the attention of complete strangers. Truly pathetic.

9 Likes

What I read:

Meanwhile, the bottom of the thread reminds me that Grant Imahara is dead, and we’re still trapped here with this jackass (and all the people who continue giving him money).

7 Likes

perhaps he dropped his attention grab presidential bid in order to redouble his attention grab efforts to house the homeless in tatooine style underground bunkers.

3 Likes

it is interesting how expensive and complicated it is to run for President.

If the expense and complexity coildn’t keep the angry pumpkin from getting the job, I’m pretty sure the process has emphasized exactly the wrong things.

1 Like

KSR on a ticket? Cool. Mars is in play for colonization?

2 Likes