Kanye West's "campaign" to become President is already over

That seems like an extremely unlikely pairing, however.

Why let that stop you?

I don’t like it when charlitains are self aware.

Never.

I love, love, love KSR’s writing. No one can set a scene as swiftly, or as beautifully as him.

But I cannot stomach his curmudgeonly “I’ve looked into the future and no one should bother to try to go the stars because the technology won’t allow it.” Yeah. The technology we’ve got now, or can much foresee, might not show the path, but this isn’t the end of technological development, not by a damned sight.

5 Likes

No one knew how complicated it is to run for President!

6 Likes

Wow. Well first, these don’t at all look “prefab” as claimed. Second, they are way way way more labor intensive than designs already in production and tested, functional and so strong they broke California’s seismic testing machine.

They are not without their challenges, but the late architect Nadir Khalili was a genius who had rare gifts of compassion and fearlessness and the family is doing their best to maintain and expand that legacy.

6 Likes

Welp, I guess it’s definitely Biden, then. Better go out and change my lawn signs.

6 Likes

There’s very little evidence KSR wants anything to do with terraforming Mars, except for writing about it. He’s a bit of a Luddite, genius though he is.

2 Likes

so I gather. his Mars series is one of my all-time favorite science fiction reads, though.

1 Like

I sometimes hate starting a book by KSR. What’s this bastard going to do with the English language in four sentences that would take me four pages (and probably lose the reader on the way)?

2 Likes

Then there are the folks who say, “Well, since we can’t do interstellar travel, no one else in the universe can either.”

WTF?

2 Likes

US corporate media can relax now that their revenue won’t diminish for ad space for anyone besides The Real Estate Swindler

1 Like

HOW TO SIMULATE SPACE COLONIZATION AT HOME

1. Walk down the stairs into your basement.

2. Stay there.

3. No, you can’t come back out. Text NASA for supplies if you need anything.

Technology allows us to “colonize” Antarctica, or the bottom of the ocean, but there is no rush to do so.

The stunning vistas in science fiction are all metaphors for places on Earth. If we want to go there, we don’t need rockets, we need a functioning system of international institutions that allows human beings to live, work, and travel safely here in our one habitable biosphere.

7 Likes

Yep. Let’s all make fun of the Black man with known issues managing his bipolar disorder. Imagine if you had it, were very talented and wealthy, AND your life was filled with greedy enablers.

1 Like

I see your point but I read Aurora as being about learning to appreciate and take care of what we have on Earth before going after interstellar travel. Especially since it would be our descendants doing most of the travelling. Anyway, there’s always the other group of colonists. They could have made it to the next planet.

1 Like

Even disorders are no excuse for being an idiot. Especially if you are wealthy enough to seek support, and wealthy enough to have power over other people.

Prime example: the sitting US president.

8 Likes

You mean like Ark Fleet Ship B?

1 Like

Have you read Aurora?

Not really. But that’s still funny :joy:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.