Kanye West's "Sunday Service" choir sings iconic Nirvana songs with Christian lyrics

Better not spread that usage around or we’ll soon have ‘End Stage Christianity’ and we all know where that is supposed to … ummm … end (even if it does end a little rapturously).

Edited to add that actually, you were right first time. It IS Late Stage Christianity - they believe it really IS near/just before the end and that’s the main reason that NOTHING FUCKING MATTERS ANY MORE, DOES IT?!?!?

I wish they’d all just hurry up and die and fuck off to their perfect heaven and leave the rest of us sane people to try and figure things out properly for ourselves.

4 Likes

I’m always weary of those kind of filters, you may forget you have it activated and not understand why something is not working like you suspect.

Although I may be more afraid of this then necessary. The only case where something remotely like this actually happened to me was working on the helpdesk of a webhosting provider when a customer asked me to help him figure out why the ads he added to his site didn’t show. Roughly 10 minutes into the phone call I figured out the ads were on the page just fine, but both our adblockers were blocking them like expected.

I used to be a huge fan of modifying my work environment to suit my needs, but there is also something to be said about keeping your set-up as close to the default as possible. It prevents confusion and compatibility issues, it allows you to start work again without as much downtime when you have to use a new or different machine and will probably also keep you more secure (adblockers will usually add security, no doubt, but installing every whimsical browser plugin is a security nightmare).

In this case, same difference.

Yep, exactly - that’s already modern white evangelical Christianity. They literally aren’t thinking about the future of the planet (nor have they been for a while), because they don’t want it to have one and in some cases are actively working towards its end.

Unfortunately they’ve worked hard to indoctrinate the next couple generations into their beliefs. So it’ll take more than the current crop dying off for the death cult to disappear. And since some Christians have been expecting the immanent end for roughly the last 2000 years, the continued failure of the end-times to actually come about won’t stop them either.

7 Likes

Imagine the applause… :smirk:

3 Likes

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/455157-interfaith-group-warns-against-creating-second-class-faiths-in-us

An infinity mirror of bullshit.

4 Likes

Merging of? I thought it… never mind.

4 Likes

Positive Christianity 2.0

5 Likes

Yeah.

Though unless that warning was from at least 40 years ago, it’s rather silly, given how those kinds of Christian nationalists have taken over the government…

2 Likes

Just like Jesus would have wanted.

5 Likes

Oh man, I’m so far behind on the Good Christian Fun podcast, but when I get up to where they will have inevitably discussed this, I imagine it will be thoroughly entertaining and enlightening (as GCF has consistently been…) The episode I was just listening to, they were laughing about the “Walking with Jesus” parody of “Walking in Memphis” and how even the people in the church kinda did a double take when it started.

2 Likes

A wise man once said, “Life finds a way”

2 Likes

Watching him on Letterman’s show… that guy is a total nutjob. Like, full on.

1 Like

This is not even remotely true. Most multi-millionaires had their grift on ages earlier. How the hell do you think they became multi-millionaires?

1 Like

I do have sympathy.
And empathy, because I believe Kanye may be in a prolonged manic episode, and, well, I know a bit about that. Wish I didn’t.

That aside, MAKE YOUR OWN SONGS, KANYE!

1 Like

You would love my belched rendition of Good Day Sunshine.

2 Likes

If you consider any participation in capitalism “grift”, sure. But I was referring to strictly using religion as an entry-way to a built-in consumer base to sell by-the-numbers bullshit, especially when it’s a watered-down version of other people’s creative works.

Definitely. Please post it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.