Kanye West's "Sunday Service" choir sings iconic Nirvana songs with Christian lyrics

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/29/kanye-wests-sunday-service.html

2 Likes

7 Likes

I’m sort of fascinated that this video exists- I was under the impression Kanye had gone full Bond villain and required heavy-duty NDA’s for anyone attending one of these “services.”

The line between crazy and genius does get hazy, sometimes. (not saying this is one of those times, mind you)

4 Likes

Why breath life into this trump loving prick?

15 Likes

Urch. Gross.

2 Likes

You know the economy is rough when even multi-millionaires start getting their grift on.

3 Likes

Smells Like The Holy Spirit

10 Likes

Holy Fuck! Just no, damit!

12 Likes

I normally wouldn’t have seen the original post at all, but had my filter turned off for whatever reason…

Does a good job keeping the news I read clear of bullshit. The biggest downside I can think of is that I may miss when these wastes of space get cancelled.
My blocked words: kardashian, kanye, jenner, kutcher, kunis, disick, miley, cyrus, lohan, kylie, chyna, kourtney, khloe, bieber.

6 Likes

A benefit not a flaw.

1 Like

Not cool, Kanye. I wonder how he’d react if someone altered his lyrics for their own purposes.

8 Likes
14 Likes

Christians are so fucking lame! Perform Jesus songs and change the lyrics and watch them lose their shit

9 Likes

Always cool hearing a song in a different way.

Just change Jesus to baby, works pretty flawlessly.

Nevermind

3 Likes

Had I not read the description before watching that video, I’d be wondering if the cameras will keep rolling when they get to the part where they drink the kool-aid.

2 Likes

The IWW needed to change the lyrics to hymns because bosses were using the Starvation Army to drown out protests and strikes.

6 Likes

This is pretty standard late-stage capitalism… er chrstianity… or whatever.

4 Likes

I think Late Stage Christianity probably covers it.

9 Likes