Pathetic, smirking attention-whore Martin Shkreli does something

[Read the post]

2 Likes

Seems like a win-win to me.

30 Likes

Came here to write exactly that. I will confess that the most I know about Kanye is what I learned by watching South Parkā€¦ but itā€™s all I need to know.

2 Likes

In fairness Kanyeā€™s music is usually better than his everything-he-does-that-isnā€™t-making-music.

I hope he signs the deal for an exclusive album, but sends Shkreli an LP consisting of nothing but Kanye belching in time to bagpipe music.

26 Likes

I hope the Bill Murray clause is also in this contract.

11 Likes

See, that would piss me off, cause thatā€™s my jams!!

Eta

I canā€™t stop thinking about Gene Belcher playing Scotland the brave in burps on his keyboard.

7 Likes

Can Kanye do what Atari Teenage Riot did to Phonogram, take the money and record something unlistenable for them?

7 Likes

An album of only skits. Telling one continuous boring story. Out of order, and interspersed with eight different recordings of 4ā€™33". The story ends in a cliffhanger which is also a deus ex machina.

12 Likes

Or an album of a recording of Kanye eating dinner. With plenty of ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  chewing sounds.

2 Likes

Dudeā€™s got resliency, yah?

Is that actually him in the gif? Youā€™d think that if heā€™d learned anything from this experience, it would be not to let images of that sort circulate; Iā€™m sure this earlier one did much to cement negative impressions.

Wow. Do people normally handle multi-million dollar deals by Twitter DM?! Clearly Iā€™ve been using it wrong.

10 Likes

Wait wait wait. I thought Kanyeā€™s new album was released about 7am yesterday, Australian eastern daylight savings time. So does that mean he rejected (or didnā€™t respond to) the smirking dickheadā€™s offer? And therefore we have even less reason to hear/read about this offer?

But gotta admit the fame-whore fucker takes trolling to a whole new level. By which I mean the smirker, not Kanye - I like his music, even saw him live a few years ago, although I guess the term ā€˜fame-whore fuckerā€™ could apply equally to these blokes.

A bit strange timing for Shkreli to offer $10 million for an album right after being informed that heā€™s $4.5 million in the hole to the IRS and that the government has a lien on all of his property at the moment. (Which, yes, means that Obama owns the Wu-Tang album)

17 Likes

No, he had a debut party for it, where he played it for a crowd at MSG, but the actual album is still being mastered and finalized as of today. He even changed the tracklist from what was played at the debut party.

2 Likes

Oh, ok. Thank you for clearing that up. I didnā€™t realise it was just a listening party.

The way both Kanye and the news were talking about it, I thought it was the album release, as well. It was more of a public test-run, turned out.

He also showed a trailer for a video game about his mom ascending into heaven.

3 Likes

lets be honestā€¦who doesnā€™t think this somehow would result in this DB making money on it somehow?

and before anyone asks if I mean Kanye or Shkreli, then answer is yes. :slight_smile:

1 Like

In their defence, thatā€™s often what ATR did to Digital Hardcore as well.

5 Likes

Shkreli clearly could not care less about people having negative impressions of him.

Some poorly constrained thoughts:
Is it possible to use the word ā€œwhoreā€ without just a tinge of slut-shaming? Or has the term ā€œattention-whoreā€ shrugged off hundreds of years of sexual violence and institutionalized misogyny?
Perhaps one personā€™s ā€œpathetic, smirking attention-whoreā€ is anotherā€™s culture jammer? Or satirist? Or performance artist? Or presidential candidate?
Thanks world, oh-so-much, for pointing out an attention-seeking weasel (sorry my weasels, thatā€™s just how it is) whose aim is to get attention. I feel like a snake that has swallowed its tail, barfed a little up its butt and back out its mouth, splashed back off a turd and went back down the throat. As in I feel dirty and have a bad taste in my mouthbutt.

2 Likes