Pathetic, smirking attention-whore Martin Shkreli does something

Crack is a helluva drug! Intervention needed badly or just let him self destruct?

Feed him more to speed up the process.

3 Likes

[quote=ā€œnungesser, post:13, topic:73637ā€]
Which, yes, means that Obama owns the Wu-Tang album
[/quote]https://33.media.tumblr.com/71cb68d802eedd7aa8762973a71bf068/tumblr_nc7mlxym5P1rfd7lko1_400.gif

5 Likes

And yet instead of ignoring the bad behavior, we reward it with attention.

Some yā€™all need to watch Supernanny or the Dog Whisperer.

3 Likes

Iā€™m all for the basic idea behind this offer (providing creative types with financial backing so they can create), but I think that an expiration date would make it a lot more plausible.

Also, maybe offering it to somebody who could actually use the cash. Wu-Tang probably isnā€™t as flush as they once were, so they could probably use it, but Mr. West certainly doesnā€™t need this to get by and keep making music.

I once heard a story about David Bowie recording an album of pure silence to satisfy a contractā€¦

2 Likes

I get why people donā€™t like Martin Shkreli, but I donā€™t get the surprise at his behavior - isnā€™t his behavior exactly what capitalism is designed to allow people with money to do? Take advantage with zero repercussions? Like him laughing in the face of congressā€¦ because he knows there is nothing they can do. Because heā€™s got money.

If anything, heā€™s just more honest about his contempt for the rest of us than those in his economic position usually are.

2 Likes

I would listen to that.

Thereā€™s a little shout-out to Shrekli at the end of that new film about D.T. Rump.

I thought you were more of a Scotch Le Petomaine?

1 Like

That isnā€™t what capitalism is designed to do.

His problem isnā€™t he is a capitalist. The problem is he is a dick.

3 Likes

My favorite contractural-obligation album is the one Van Morrison made to fulfill his lousy contract with Bang Records. Two highlights:

5 Likes

My first reaction was that someone was impersonating him because of that. Unless heā€™s just trolling, which he certainly likes to do in other contexts.

Well, he was totally driving trollies his record company, for sure. But he recorded a whole album-worth of improvised crappy songs to get out of his contract. Worth listening to for a laugh.

2 Likes

I was thinking more of Shkreli doing the trolling, but yeah, it could be Kanye, tooā€¦

1 Like

Oh, sorry, sometimes I miss what post folks are responding to. Yeah, it does come off like a fake Shkreli letter.

But no mention of his results in New Hampshire, isnā€™t Martin Shkreli still the republican front-runner?

Youā€™re thinking of a different smirking assholeā€¦

3 Likes

Perhaps heā€™ll do us a favour and help blatantly expose the way the system works.

Reminds me of Dawkins a bit. His biology writing is way better than everything-he-does-on-twitter-besides-talking-about-biology.

5 Likes