Kanye's cyberteeth are "fixed and permanent"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/01/18/kanye-gets-the-cybertruck-of-dentures.html

3 Likes

Richard Kiel carried it off better.

883097f1ab4274bd018e90884081077b

20 Likes

Requirement for being famous these days: be dumb.
Requirement for being a looser these days: be intelligent

1 Like

I’m glad to hear that he didn’t have his teeth removed, as was mentioned before. At some point, it is likely he will get his head screwed on right and I have some pity for him.

That said…that’s a really ugly piece of mouth work. I would have at least expected something weirdly fancy.

5 Likes

Me too. Perhaps it does show that there is a limit to his dumbness.

AFAIK there are only really two reasons for getting all your teeth removed. One of them is if they are all rotten. The other isn’t, but I’ve heard it apocryphally claimed that it did happen sometimes in a certain (ahem) ‘service industry’.

3 Likes

The picture confuses me. I can see some metal peeking out but it looks like the entire thing was badly covered in masking tape or spackle

6 Likes

What are the requirements for being a tighter?

4 Likes

It could be fake perhaps, as “bait”?

1 Like

I think it goes “Lefty Loosey, Righty Tighty”.

6 Likes

Dunno. I spent way too long staring at it and I think the white/eggshell colored stuff is metal but the way the light is reflecting makes it look white/eggshell colored.
Though that doesn’t solve my confusion about what appears to be folds or creases.

Bah. I’ve spent way too much brain power thinking about this

5 Likes

Is this what he’s been doing instead of releasing his record? :thinking:

2 Likes

We should be thankful for small mercies.

5 Likes

I had a visceral reaction to that image. The man is simply a bad idea/decision generator at this point.

5 Likes

Left liberates! Right represses!

3 Likes

Apparently it wasn’t uncommon to have all ones teeth replaced by dentures in the early 1900s, at least in the east coast of Canada. My maternal grandmother, PEI resident, had a full set of dentures installed when she was in her late teens.

Dental services and/or hygiene was bad enough then & there that sometimes it was better to replace everything as a preventive measure. Maybe this was done elsewhere too; I only know the PEI situation.

She was a tough old bird… lost 3 fingers on her right hand in a potato picker accident (PEI, so of course it was potatoes). Didn’t stop her finding a way to hold a cigarette in the remaining parts, and it only slowed her knitting speed by ~20%.

5 Likes

Dentures? So does that mean he takes them out at night to put them in a glass of machine oil on his nightstand?

5 Likes

Much later in rural Ireland. My dad grew up in Wicklow, and it was offered as a kind of present when turning 18 or 21 - he was 21 in 1948. He would entertain us with tales of plugging holes in his front teeth using chewing gum when going out dancing with girls :astonished:

Both him and mum had full denture sets by their early 20’s.

3 Likes

Can a man not make a misspelling joke without being taken entirely seriously?

3 Likes

Can’t imagine having a block of metal in your mouth all the time is good for dental health.

2 Likes

Considering how often tooth abscesses turn up as causes of death in prehistoric and historic populations, I kinda see the logic.

3 Likes