Karen's Got a Gun, the song

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/29/karens-got-a-gun-the-song.html

13 Likes

I think that they’re just worried about the guillotines showing up. I don’t encourage that. But I understand it.

5 Likes

Seeing that picture, all I could think was, "Wow, shittiest reboot of ‘Charlie’s Angels’ ever!"

Quite literally, it appears:

I mean, in this scenario they’ve created for themselves, they’re the corrupt French aristocracy. Which makes sense if you’ve seen the inside of their house:

20 Likes

She fantasizes about Tucker Carlson.

The many “Oh-faces” of Tucker Carlson…

11 Likes

Still can’t get over that home being valued at only 1.15 million. I have to imagine there is some tax fraud involved to avoid real estate taxes.

12 Likes

Tucker can’t handle a gun. Karen.

3 Likes

Look at the way she holds it, neither can she.

7 Likes

The Casamonica’s Mafia family confiscated house in Rome,

6 Likes

Well, St. Louis ain’t exactly Beverly Hills.

6 Likes

I saw someone joking that their house was a drug kingpin’s, not a lawyer’s. But it’s the exact same “dictator aesthetic” in action. Basically all these people want to be - or consider themselves - kings.

6 Likes

From 1983, when songs like this were labelled “parody.”

7 Likes

Saw this on another site and had to share:

10 Likes

Not the headquarters of the Leopards Eating People’s Faces Party?

To be fair, they painstakingly restored the house’s original robber baron aesthetic.

4 Likes

My only suggestion is that the last “Protesting tonight” might be replaced by “Because you aren’t white.”

2 Likes

Always enjoyed Julie Brown’s performances. My other fave of hers was “'Cause I’m a Blonde.”
:blonde_woman:t4: :rofl:

3 Likes

I suppose it is because I am an old man, but my mind immediately jumped to: This must be a parody of Janie’s got a Gun by Aerosmith.

Karen’s got a gun
Karen’s got a gun
Her whole world’s come undone
Protesters just are no fun
What did her husband do?
Assault rifle askew?
They said when Karen was aggravated, she assaulted people without justification
But man, Fox News will spin this
Into Stand your Ground vindication

Repeat some bullshit chorus ad nausem (right to bear arms, good guy with gun, etc)

16 Likes

The house was originally a Busch family mansion. So King of Beers kingpins, pretty close.

4 Likes

Fun game for later today: Watch in slo-mo and have a shot(*) every time one of them point their weapon at the other…

How did that poem go?
Never, never let your gun
Pointed be at anyone.
That a Karen you may be
Matters not the least to me.
Right?

(* Edit: DRINK. wanted to be clear in this context.)

2 Likes

Fucking hell, no wonder they were terrified; their house makes them look like tiny, toy people. The scale of that interior is inhuman; who are they aiming to impress?

1 Like

Ahh, you beat me to it.

Yeah, this is a careful re-creation and restoration of genuine, authentic 19th-Century Gilded Age dynastic excess, a wedding gift from beer baron Adolphus Busch to his daughter Anna.

The “private streets” thing is a curious kink of St. Louis history. Interesting commentary at Curbed.com:

4 Likes