Karl Lagerfeld dead at 85

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/02/19/karl-lagerfeld-dead-at-85.html

2 Likes

His contempt for everyone who does not look like a space alien’s concept of human beauty personified will live on.

12 Likes

I’m going to cheer myself up with an orange mocha frappuccino.

3 Likes

he does not sell online because it takes a genius to work that out well
let alone todays security cream bun…
recently found this item

Fashion designers are like mediocre rappers when they die. Everyone says “who?”, googles them and says “oh, ok, I guess he did that thing once”, then “wait, why are we still hearing about this?”

3 Likes
2 Likes

Sorry to criticize the dead, but I never liked his designs for Chanel. He took her original vision of comfortable but stylish man-tailored clothes for active women & turned it into tacky upscale uncomfortable glitz accessorized with torture shoes.

3 Likes

I like the illustrations he did for a new edition of The Emperor’s New Clothes in the 1990ies.

Fun fact:
Karl Lagerfeld voiced the radio presenter of Radio K109 in Grand Theft Auto IV.
Hence:
karl_lagerfeld%20(1)

4 Likes

You’re good. The dead should be criticized if they lived a life worthy of critique. Anything else is literally erasing the past. Never understood that sentiment.

3 Likes

Is that picture from a wax museum, or something?

Edit: It’s a hotel room made of chocolate, not wax. Weird! It made BB in the day.

1 Like

I am no fashion aficionado, but am I to believe you didn’t know who Karl Lagerfeld was until today?

2 Likes

why exactly are you throwing random shade on rappers in an obit post ?

“Sweatpants are a sign of defeat. You lost control of your life so you bought some sweatpants.”
― Karl Lagerfeld

7 Likes

Yes. :slight_smile: But his haute couture shows were some of the best.

Wo er recht hat, hat er recht.

(You can top sweatpants: sweatpants + braces.)

3 Likes

After a long day looking chic I am now in sweatpants. Fuck Karl!

I wouldn’t wear them where anyone could see them though; maybe he had a point…

2 Likes

Well, he also said:

“Benutze niemals das Wort ‘billig.’ Heutzutage kann jeder in preisgünstiger Kleidung schick aussehen (die von den Reichen auch gekauft wird). In jedem Preis-Level findet man heutzutage gutes Design. Du kannst das schickste Persönchen der Welt sein in nur einem T-Shirt und einer Jeans, es liegt ganz bei dir.”

Google translation:

"Never use the word ‘cheap.’ Nowadays, anyone in cheap clothes can look smart (which is also bought by the rich). In every price level you can find good design nowadays. You can be the smartest person in the world in just a T-shirt and jeans, it’s up to you. "

So I’d say, just wear some nice shoes to your sweatpants, maybe roll them up a little bit and you’re good to go. I’m picturing high heels, but it could be something else that looks nice.

1 Like

can we just replace those damn 10 commandments with this already?

1 Like

I don’t give a fuck what my incredibly warm and comfy slipper socks look like, darling.

6 Likes

But I do, now. Picture please!