Karma strikes rude boaters

Originally published at: Karma strikes rude boaters | Boing Boing

11 Likes

I just hope the people who rescued the jerks said “Welcome aboard, flamers!”

62 Likes

Is that a typical technique for putting out boat fires? Seems smart.

I do hope some learning happened.

13 Likes

(Speaking of One Crazy Summer, I saw that on my first car date)

7 Likes

tumblr_2299e3ef934f0c36fb3e9f217ebb00dd_1dd2fc57_1280

39 Likes

I don’t know but if your a 100 percent sure no one is in the water and your sure there is no propane tank on board It looks like a good idea.

5 Likes

Nice video but why does everyone use that horrible soundtrack “Oh no, Oh no…”

17 Likes

Gotta love that instant karma!
GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

23 Likes

The nice folks with the pride flags evidently gave the jerks a hand, because nice people are nice people!

Depending on the state this happened it they might’ve been legally obligated to render aid, though it would’ve been nice to leave them there.

9 Likes

I think I just peed my pants a little!!! :joy: :joy: :joy:

6 Likes

Indeed, these people floating in the water definitely weren’t walking in the sand.

8 Likes

Ahhhh - assholes on the water. The reason my dad never goes near a body of water on a major holiday. We did when we were kids, but he would find some nook away from people.

Sooo, did they haul them up after their boat caught fire? That is an awkward conversation.

So WHO does that song? I only hear it on tik tok videos. I assume it’s one of those things where the option to use it is part of the software, thus popularity?

ETA - it was The Shangri- Las - Remember ( Walking in the Sand) being mixed by a DJ named Capone.

3 Likes

26 Likes

I would have help them and give a long and deeps welcome French kiss; boys and girls with no distinction…
And if no one need spcial urgent attention, I will jsut stay around the fire and film it (with loud comment) until the end before unloading my stupid passengers.

3 Likes

Um… do you think those people are vaccinated?

30 Likes

I can think of other songs. Not quite my thing but my pandemic hair is almost long enough to fit into the band in the video, too. On the other hand, I don’t see a fire in the sky.

On a serious note, this is a learning moment if I’ve ever seen one. The sad thing is that if any learning actually goes on–and you never know, it may happen–I doubt they’ll actually admit to it for some time.

2 Likes

I went to look for this and vowed to myself I wouldn’t post it unless it was great. Here ya go:

11 Likes

(Grumbles about fizzboaters… “All it takes is a key to make one of those things go.”)

4 Likes

I can’t imagine any jurisdiction requiring you to bring hostile people on board. First rule of lifesaving is save yourself. They seemed fine enough in the water. One could stand by until the authorities arrived.

11 Likes

I always mute Tiktok videos.

11 Likes