Karma strikes rude boaters

Too bad. But even if they didn’t learn anything from the ordeal then at least we can take satisfaction in the public nature of their humiliation. The world got a glimpse of some stupid bigots getting their comeuppance and some Pride-flag wavers acting like responsible boaters.

I don’t get the impression that the rescuers regretted their decision to bring the bigots on board, so that part worked out at least. The kindness of the rescuers only further underscores the bad behavior of the flamers.

16 Likes

DOH. dammit, how could i forget that the stupid Aerosmith song was a COVER? ugh.

3 Likes

The North Carolina-based Loyal White Knights of the KKK scheduled a rally to protest the removal of the Confederate battle flag from Statehouse grounds a week earlier. State officials gave the group permission to rally on the opposite side of the building from where the flag flew on a 30-foot pole for the past 15 years.

Wow, the flag had been on display for a decade and a half! Taking it down is clearly an attack on the sovereignty of the White Race, and the cancelling of a glorious White Tradition reaching back all the way to 2006. Next, there will be Antifa Ideological Stormtroopers claiming that it wasn’t even the Confederate Battleflag, and only a bastardized version of the flag of the Army of the Potomac! Truly the White Race is in peril!

And off the poop deck too, I assume.

A fire on the boat.

4 Likes

Oh no…oh no…oh no no no no…

That’s OK, you have more sympathy from me than those boaters. :peace_symbol:

6 Likes

Those homophobic boaters clearly don’t know anything about naval tradition

13 Likes

Agreed. The rescuer seems like a remarkably strong and well-adjusted person!

2 Likes

Obviously no excuse for their abhorrent behavior, but apparently the group of bigots was suffering from burns, which may have been the reason for the screaming. Per another new story:

8 Likes

Canadian.

That’ll do!

10 Likes

Man, Glenn Hughes’ luxurious horseshoe moustache was a wonderful thing.

5 Likes

Ooh, that made me laugh, “kayak kayak kayak kayak !”

6 Likes

Just don’t say anything about American production beers and canoes in the same sentence. :wink:

16 Likes

Understand Captain America GIF

15 Likes

Maybe not, but if people are potentially drowning (even if they are assholes) really not sure that’s something worth speculating over at any length that would put them at risk.

1 Like

Before jumping down my throat, maybe go read what I was replying to…

2 Likes

I thought you were replying to the article. I also don’t think I was jumping down your throat. Though I guess with the comment you were actually replying to I can see how one would jump to throat intrusion.

1 Like

I did not say let them stay in the water, I said don’t French kiss them, in reply to @DavidVincent. :woman_shrugging:

8 Likes

“… and pardon our use of grappling hooks as we pull you aboard.”

3 Likes

They look plenty able bodied. Shore was easily visible.

I say Karma would be letting them swim back to shore. It’s not like magats would have reciprocated.

3 Likes

Nah. They’ll just rationalize it.

“we all deserve to be saved. Just like those filthy f-gg-ts in the rainbow boat”

No no no. The best way to haul homophobes aboard an LGBTQ-friendly boat is with fishnets.

25 Likes