Katie Britt's infomercial of fear

I got about 90 seconds in, that was all I could take. Not the least of which due to her “fundie baby voice”.

16 Likes

That’s almost certainly because Elise Stefanik just a few days ago asked “Are you better off than you were 4 years ago,” and rightfully got absolutely skewered for claiming the answer was no for most Americans.

18 Likes

I guess fascist ASMR must be a thing. There’s kids at the border who need help, if you actually care about ALL the children throughout the country, you shouldn’t be carrying water for the Orange Man and his legion of child catchers.
As well as being against other things that help kids, like money for schools, money for teachers, programs like CHIP, environmental protection, gun control, etc.

10 Likes

I had to pause at the very start. She named her son Ridgeway? Can’t tell if he’s named after a new Jeep model, the unpaved road at the edge of town, or the serial killer Gary Ridgway.

12 Likes

Wow.

It looks like she rehearsed by imitating a version made on AI that used St. Judes and ASPCA infomercials as the data set.

I was expecting “Send money now and you’ll get our free welcome kit, with this adorable blanket showing you support GOP talking points, but time is limited, if you call in the next 30 minutes we’ll send you a picture of an actual policy you’ve saved, operators are standing by, won’t you please show you care?”

10 Likes

LOL, :+1: The whole time, my wife and I were discussing how much Britt’s delivery reminded us of those old commercials.

7 Likes

Clearly - she’s too old for the pressures of the job.

14 Likes

Tangentially related - I once had a short conversation with Sally - who was performing at a dinner theatre where I worked.

It was after the show and we were all tired, but she invited to to sit down and chat.

Short story - she’s a really nice person and I think unfairly maligned.

This quick article has some interesting tidbits. Sally Struthers's terrifying incident with Save the Children

19 Likes

Well, us wimmins do peak at like 22, so… /s :grin: :grimacing: :grin:

16 Likes

Struthers also talked about her impression of former President Donald Trump. Referring to him as “the orange butthole,”

She’s alright in my book. :+1:

21 Likes
23 Likes

I have no doubt. Just watched her in The Getaway the other night, and she’s a fine actor, too. But there’s unfortunately no getting around the fact that her Save the Children spots are notorious, as sincere and well-meaning as they were. :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

Maybe beer?

8 Likes

Or is it Bridgestone? :thinking:

21 Likes

Good send-up, but she needs to work on her fundie baby voice before she nails it. :grinning:

12 Likes

I doubt it’s General Matthew Ridgway. In the unlikely case she’s familiar with history, she’d discover he fought fascists instead of enabling them.

10 Likes

14 Likes

That photo shows how, once again, real MAGAts are so creepy that they’re hard to satirize.

13 Likes

Guess I put this in the wrong thread initially:

23 Likes

Pay NO ATTENTION to the rapist tweeting on his toilet!

Ok, Truth Socialing or whatever.

16 Likes