Senator Katie Britt's disgusting and bizarre rape lies exposed

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/09/senator-katie-britts-disgusting-and-bizarre-rape-lies-exposed.html

13 Likes

A republican LIED…

Sky Uno Wow GIF by X Factor Italia

34 Likes

It’s a bald faced lie - she was actually one of the people who heard the testimony in congress last year, as he points out. No reason to call it anything else.

And of course the Fox and worse channel fans will either never hear this fact or believe it to be false because it disrupts their narrative.

24 Likes

The excuse will be that she never directly said it happened in the US or while Biden was President. And she didn’t. She just heavily implied it. Regardless, she may have tanked her career with that speech. Republicans didn’t like it, either.

26 Likes

basketball wives if i had some pearls on id be clutching them GIF by VH1

15 Likes

To turn a victim’s tragic story into disinformation is just disgusting. They keep reaching for new lows.
Go Away Goodbye GIF by BBC

18 Likes

That’s pretty gross, even for a Republican.

About Mexico, the border, Biden, sexual violence… all the things Republicans love to lie about, no less!

Yeah, there’s a whole lot of implying going on, but I’m trying to figure out if that the bit where she said, “We wouldn’t be OK with this happening in a third-world country. This is the United States of America,” in the context of that story could really be seen as anything less than a explicit claim it happened in the US, though.

14 Likes

Yeah, we all know what she meant. She knows what she meant. But she will still say that she didn’t technically say it happened it the US. It doesn’t matter that it’s the only reasonable interpretation of what she said. Her target audience wasn’t you or me or 99.9% of the people who read BoingBoing. Her audience was Trump supporters. And Trump himself, of course. And those supporters will never hear the truth. And on the off chance they do, they will cry “FAKE NEWS!”

14 Likes

Years ago, a book came out with a title that struck me: “The People of the Lie”. If it’s ever re-issued it can just be called “Republicans”.

12 Likes

Not to make light of her horrendous story, but she does seem evil (posted this on another bb story too)

7 Likes

The Republicans are so used to pissing on their voters’ heads and telling them it’s raining, and their voters not even questioning it, they seem to be getting worse and worse (and the right-wing media getting worse in order to keep providing them cover).

My assumption was also that she told this story fully with the expectation that her voters would never even be in a position where they’d see her story get challenged in the first place, so she’d never even have to defend what she said, even disingenuously. Fox and Newsmax etc. almost certainly won’t mention it, so the only media talking about it will be those that she can ignore. Which I expect she will.

7 Likes

Source

20 Likes
18 Likes

:rofl:
Hopefully, they’ll keep exposing their agenda so voters in November will look at GOP candidates on the ballot like this…

No Way Smile GIF by Get Out Movie

:crossed_fingers:t4:

19 Likes

Yes! While also shouting:

Go Away GIF

12 Likes

IMG_8257

23 Likes

So Fox News actually gave her an opportunity to respond to the criticisms of her human trafficking story, which didn’t actually happen during the Biden administration. Predictably, she laughs at the suggestion that she meant to imply the story happened during the Biden administration, then goes on to breathlessly cry about human trafficking and the border situation, all while smiling like a proud mom at a PTA bake sale. It’s still just cringey as fuck. She is not helping herself here.

15 Likes

Really? Not with Fox viewers? I’d think that whatever she says would rain down like manna on their ears.

7 Likes

All in the service of getting a rapist elected.

Oh wait, am I supposed to qualify that with “adjudicated”?

9 Likes

Nah, you’re good.

13 Likes