Trafficking survivor dismantles Senator Britt's exploitative fake story

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/11/trafficking-survivor-dismantles-senator-britts-exploitative-fake-story.html

9 Likes

Let’s see here. A republican lying. How unusual. (/s)

11 Likes

I won’t be entirely surprised if someone thinks to check up with the people employed by Mrs. Britt and her family and finds out that some of them are undocumented immigrants.

7 Likes

I really thought that Britt wouldn’t actually address the criticism of her story, and Fox wouldn’t touch the issue and… yeah, I was right. They still haven’t. They’ve distracted from the issues by focusing on the age, as if that was the issue. Britt’s disingenuous “defense” is, ‘Oh, I clearly stated her age, thus, if you think it through, logically it couldn’t have happened under the Biden administration - so I wasn’t lying because I just implied it happened under Biden, knowing my intended audience are dumbfucks who wouldn’t think it through. Although I did state it was the United States, and now I’ve explicitly said I spoke to her, and it was the cartels, none of which is true but we’re not going to go into any of that.’

Yeah Britt, this is still really gross and exploitative, and I expect nothing more from a Republican these days. It’s downright shocking when any of them are actually honest about anything at this point. Any time it happens, I’m taken aback. I feel pretty pessimistic these days, but it’s hard to have high hopes for a country with a two-party system where one party has been fully captured by fascists.

9 Likes

Everything we hear from that camp is in bad faith.

On top of being enraging, the lack of sincerity is so monotonous and tiresome.

3 Likes

MAGA: all tactics. All the time.

3 Likes

Never ending truthiness.

truthiness-1

3 Likes

It’s not even truthiness anymore… they are just outright lying about almost everything now.

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.