"My heart is broken" — Disgraced Sen. Katie Britt begs MAGA suckers for cash after becoming global laughing stock

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/12/my-heart-is-broken-disgraced-sen-katie-britt-begs-for-maga-suckers-for-cash-after-becoming-global-laughing-stock.html

14 Likes

No, even your fellow fascists are just laughing at you.

I mean, what did you think was at stake when you took on the task? Or were you forced to do it as penance for negotiating the border deal in good faith with Democrats?

38 Likes

“Oh, Katie! We’re not laughing AT you! We’re laughing WITH the people who are laughing at you.”

44 Likes

Wow, this one just can’t help herself - she’s an endless fountain of lies. For sure in the running for 45’s new VP.

30 Likes

because, just like in their “evangelical churches”, preacherman says “give” and the collection plate goes around and out come the wallets and checkbooks. when she says it in he fundie baby voice, the ears prick up and the brainwashed flock instinctively reach for the dough.
yep, she’s a Gilead wife and is fully aware of her grift.

20 Likes

ReligiousFreedom

65 Likes

Pavlovian response?

14 Likes

14 Likes

And somehow the people wearing “fuck your feelings” t-shirts and whining about ‘snowflakes’ will recognize that this is totally a different case entirely…

31 Likes

Yes, yes. The “radical” left. People who want good paying jobs, solid education for their kids, a livable climate, and equal justice under the law. It’s crazy!

34 Likes

Is there a lost Eleventh Commandment (“Thou Shalt Grift at Every Opportunity”) that only Xtianists are aware of?

Anyhow, I believe that the common response in her community is to say “bless her (broken) heart, poor thing,…”

20 Likes

And I can hear it in her “Fundi-baby” voice.

14 Likes

Because I didn’t prepare a 20-minute speech…

Brevity is the soul of wit. The Gettysburg Address lasted 2 minutes, Lincoln was, most likely, coming down with smallpox when he wrote it, and it rocks.

16 Likes

Isn’t the only Republican-approved response ‘thoughts and prayers’?

19 Likes

Um, yes.

6 Likes

…sitting in her kitchen in front of her $8000 refrigerator freezer, Britt now wants MAGA followers, many of whom are likely struggling to (TO KEEP THEIR FRIDGE FULL) let alone for refrigerators that cost a fraction of that amount, Fixed it.

19 Likes

“They attacked my character. They attacked my faith. They attacked my identity as a mother and a wife.”

Huh, I missed all that. Unless by “attacked my character” she means that people - correctly - pointed out that what she said was dishonest.

Well that part is true. We’re laughing at her and perplexed by her bizarre affects in her speech. That shit was weird and creepy.

It’s funny that she’s becoming known for her disingenuous storytelling (and even more dishonest subsequent justification for it) and her fundraisers are following it up by just straight-up lying about the whole thing.

14 Likes

Poor girl. The only way to know “who you are” is to observe what you do.

We’ve seen what you do. We’ve heard what you do. And we’re watching what you do now, now that you know what we think of it. So far, we’re not impressed.

6 Likes

People made fun of her giving the speech in the kitchen, and tragically I think that might be her identity as a wife, mother, and Republican woman in general.

10 Likes

To be fair, people definitely did attack all of those things. There’s just a whole lot more context. i.e. “what is this person of vile character doing? Putting herself in some kitchen, trying to seem all puritanical like a real-life stepford wife, speaking in that weird fundie baby voice? It is very gross that this is what her ideology see as the ideal image of a woman”

6 Likes