Katie Porter reading "The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck" during the Speaker voting debacle

Originally published at: Katie Porter reading "The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck" during the Speaker voting debacle | Boing Boing

14 Likes

The clothing matching the books’s cover was the chef’s kiss.

40 Likes

Now, if she had a white board, she could have explained it in detail.

33 Likes

Topped by the look on her face. The embodiment of “I don’t give a fuck, and if you tell me to smile I’m gonna make you eat this book.”

22 Likes

Message received, loud and clear, Representative Porter. She is a tremendous asset for this country’s representation.

14 Likes

IDK…I think Porter is awesome, but don’t want to read much into what anyone was reading. They all knew it was going to be a long, unproductive session. Maybe it was just the book she happened to be reading. :woman_shrugging:t2: I don’t think she’d choose that title simply to “send a message” because she most clearly does give a fuck. That’s why she’s so awesome at her job.
But now I def want to read that book.

15 Likes

I think it was likely intentional, she is intelligent enough to know that she would be on camera during these sessions and there was a good chance the world would notice what she was reading. Ditto Nancy Pelosi and this New Yorker article.

13 Likes

When popcorn just isn’t doing the trick.

5 Likes

Jan Schakowsky brought several large tins of Garrett’s popcorn to welcome the newly sworn in representatives. When no one could be sworn in she shared it with her friends.

4 Likes

Goddess-gif
as is Rep Katie Porter!

6 Likes

Congresswoman Whiteboard. She a good explainer.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised if she had something else in that book jacket. It’s…not a good book, to put it lightly. Definitely don’t spend any money on it if you can avoid it.

4 Likes

I’m more of a fan of Apathy and Other Small Victories

I like the sound of Senator Whiteboard.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.