Keeping it light -- what TV shows do you find unwatchable?

Why would you torture yourself like that?

Can I bring up Big Bang Theory again? I just donā€™t feel that the show gets enough hate.

15 Likes

Who are we talking about? Who is the psycho Freddie Mercury on The Walking Dead?

/scratching head

Dopey husband does dopey things and upsets his very patient and forgiving spouse.

6 Likes

If youā€™re being sarcastic or not ā€¦ answer from me is, bring it up all day every day anywhere anytime. I will back you on that one each and every time. Bazooka.

8 Likes

Waitā€¦ Youā€™re talking about me?

2 Likes

Yeah ! Youā€™re the one who brought it up again (sarcastically maybe?)

2 Likes

I am never. Ever. Ever sarcastic.

7 Likes

Oh boy the original 80s situation comedies. They all had ridiculous setups like this one:

ā€œRichard is an award winning film director. Bernie is a convicted murderer who through some ridiculously improbable twist of fate has to live in Richardā€™s garage. Tune in to watch the hilarious buddy roommate hijinks!ā€

Never mind, thatā€™s not a sitcom, itā€™s real life.

I for one welcome the rise of asscoms, the only logical successor to the sitcom.

1 Like

Iā€™m not hating on people who like it - my husband loooooves it, so I just choose to do something somewhere else if he wants to watch it. Honestly, Downton Abbey is equally stupid, but Iā€™ll binge-watch every single season of that whenever I need cheering up.

3 Likes

This is a difficult one for me. I rage hated Seinfeld for years. However, I recently discovered the error of my ways. Itā€™s pretty damn funny.

Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee may have helped reshape my opinion.

6 Likes

[quote=ā€œsingletona082, post:160, topic:95100, full:trueā€]
Yea I didnā€™t want to bring Oz up because he goes above and beyond even Philā€™s pile of shit.[/quote]

Exactly!

Phil has turned into another Maury; with just sex, drug & alcohol stories w/ attention seeking nutcases.

2 Likes

I need to see Downton Abbey. Itā€™s supposedly a good show, or at least one I should watch. I also hear itā€™s historically inaccurate, which should only be an issue if Iā€™m a stickler for historical accuracyā€¦ which I am.

2 Likes

I think this is the quintessential Magic Man moment.

6 Likes

We babysit a six year old weā€™ve helped with since birth, my little brother, plus my stepbrother, stepsister, and my adopted sister to an extent, so I have a good idea whatā€™s coming. Sheā€™s close to entering sociopathic asshole phase.

2 Likes

If there was ever a real Two Minute Hate, it would be against Magic Man.

1 Like

Iā€™m in denial that my 12yo is almost there and the 9yo will ever get there.

2 Likes

Interspaces with commercials of 'dopey husband does dopey things forgiving wife has to fix, ā€˜stupid guy getting his just desserts,ā€™ and ā€˜woman pulls one over exasperated boyfriend/spouseā€™ commercials.

It is very disheartening.

Then there is these garbage fires of commercials I have a special burning hate for.

The alltell ā€˜chadā€™ commercials I am grateful are gone as ā€˜chadā€™ was a dickbag.

And I wrote an entire piece about Rob Lowe commercials.

2 Likes

And the funny part is???

3 Likes

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/10/26/00/39B7599000000578-0-image-a-2_1477437496030.jpg

5 Likes