Keeping it light -- what TV shows do you find unwatchable?

Though, to be honest, this happens somewhat in our household. With a four year split in the offspring the youngest gets exposed to things much earlier than #1 did. Star Wars and Adventure Time, specifically.

I will join you in your Two Minute Hate of Magic Man, I cringe each time he appears; but even he has some explanation, in the death of Margles, for his dick behavior. It is the Lich, even in his baby form, I will never forgive for skinning Billy.

1 Like

4 Likes

Oh, I’ll call you a name, @orenwolf!

…

…

Orenwolf!!!

7 Likes

Even the lich I have a smidge of sympathy for. Not much, a tiny smidge.

Magic Man needs to be thrown into the sun. Then supernova. Then a collapsing core that turns into a black hole.

And as Hawking radiation releases his virtual particles one by one over the next, say, 15 billion years, we will see if he is still as much of a jerk.

3 Likes

Let’s agree Magic Man can burn, he’s a horrifying reminder of the amoral nature of the universe.

Billy was the man, though, and I cannot forgive this.

3 Likes

Then we will agree to agree. Both get blowed up by supernovae.

4 Likes

8 Likes

You say that like it’s a bad thing!

For starters, larger cats need the slightly larger case space.

12 Likes

I like it in bluegrass music

Nobody has mentioned Two and a Half Men. Either you all keep good company, or it went off the air (aside from syndication) too long ago.

4 Likes

The equivalent in choral voice is the alto. I’m an alto. We have our uses, both light and dark!

2 Likes

Recently got hooked on a few UK & Aussie murder-mysteries and usually use Closed Captioning because of the accents and lingo.

They’re so politically correct that the CC’ing firm’s computer deleted the ‘bad’ word “SPIC” from inside of another…

SUSPICION came across the screen as SUxxxxION…

4 Likes

I’m a baritone. Too low to be a tenor, not resonant enough to be a bass.

3 Likes

Ah, the Scunthorpe Problem. As in, Shorpe. I love it. "Last night the Chicago ********* 24% of their 3-point attempts. " Or, "I would expect such reasoning from a freshman or maybe an immature sopre, but it is inexcusable coming from a grad student. "

3 Likes

We’re the half-chicken of music.

3 Likes

Not to get too off track, but I assume you know of the viola de gamba, hardanger fiddles, and five string fiddles?

(When this tech thing ends, I’m going back to ethnomusicology)

2 Likes

I personally liked the master.

6 Likes

He was a highlight, definitely!

It’s not actually “terrible”, but the show hadn’t really found its voice (or budget) yet, and Joss Wheadon always apologizes for that entire season.

4 Likes

Someone didn’t read the post that started this particular side conversation!

4 Likes

Uh… Uh…
It’s me again, ain’t it.
:octopus:

4 Likes