Kellyanne Conway fumes that Donald Trump was indicted in Atlanta — where his alleged crimes took place (video)

Originally published at: Kellyanne Conway fumes that Donald Trump was indicted in Atlanta — where his alleged crimes took place (video) | Boing Boing

13 Likes

““How in the world can you have [it happen in] the most liberal county in Georgia, D.C, New York City — all these places that voted against him? I don’t think he could get a fair trial,” she said yesterday on Fox News,”

I thought the Republican case was that those places didn’t vote against Trump.

22 Likes

“there’s a two-tiered system of justice; it seems like there’s one for Donald Trump and one for everyone else.”

Quite true, but probably not in the way that she means.

25 Likes

Sooooo. . . to make it “fair” he should be tried in a red state, in a rural county where nearly everyone voted for him, in front of a judge he appointed?

Truly a new and unique definition of “fair.” Call Webster’s.

30 Likes

But NY is his hometown- a jury of his peers.

But I can be flexible- Guantanamo will be fine.

29 Likes

where his alleged crimes took place

Well, some of them, at least.

14 Likes

Drawing Motivation GIF

11 Likes

I mean, even if that is how these things worked, where TPTB could choose venues for prosecution of their political enemies; wouldn’t that mean T**** was a weak fool to get caught in it? In the bizarre dog-eat-dog world these sick fucks live in, doesn’t all this whining mean that he’s manifestly unfit for leadership and deserves all of the comeuppance that he’s getting?

It’s unfortunate they live in an invented reality different than the rest of us, but the least they could do is make it internally consistent. otherwise it’s just lazy.

16 Likes

17 Likes

In my experience, nothing and no one in Trump’s orbit withstands very much logical analysis. I’m honestly surprised they haven’t completely broken down under the weight of all the cognitive dissonance.

12 Likes

Rackman Landlords and Con-men?

13 Likes

Wide boys alla way down.

4 Likes

9 Likes

Perfetto! innit. tophat-biggrin

6 Likes

… OMG imagine being such a shit that his surname now means “bad landlord” in British English :open_mouth:

8 Likes

Nah, any daycare worker who spends a lot of time around pre-schoolers is deeply familiar with that definition of “fair”.

9 Likes

If these news stations had any integrity at all, she would be blackballed from all of them forever for her “alternative facts” bullshit.

8 Likes

That’s a feature of fascism - the arguments are strictly based in emotions and facts don’t come into it. It’s all case-by-case, and all based on how the leader feels about it on the day. The only consistency is loyalty to the leader. Anyone who strays from that is risking being an outcast. I doubt they understand anyone who thinks differently.

9 Likes

Indeed. To quote Sartre (who was speaking about fascist antisemites):

Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past.

11 Likes

Your mama told you this and your daddy told you that
Always think like this and never do that
You learned so many feelings but what is there to that
Which are really yours or are you just a copycat?

Your school told you this and your church told you that
Memorize this and don’t you dare look at that
They’re all so concerned to make their thoughts into yours
Just a tape recorder mimicking of the bores

You’re so boring, boring, boring
Always tape machine recording
You’re so boring, boring, boring
I’ve heard all this before

Planless and mindless scraps from anywhere
Bunch of used parts from garbage pails everywhere
Frankenstein became a monster just like you
Your scars only show when someone talks to you