Kentucky governor apologizes to Tupac Shakur

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/29/kentucky-governor-apologizes-t.html

4 Likes

This announcement is clearly a prank, because “Governor Beshear” left office in 2015.

9 Likes

A politician who admits when he’s wrong? WEAKNESS! Toss him out! (Also, Biggie got a raw deal)

5 Likes

So it’s possible for an elected Executive to make a tossed-off remark, realize it was ill-considered or otherwise mistaken, and then admit as much without blaming/attacking other people and apologize to any people directly affected? And the world just keeps on spinning? Huh, so that’s what adult leadership looks like.

Good on you for electing this guy, Kentucky.

19 Likes

Yup, that’s how it’s done, folks.

Not the first time Beshear has been in the news for being an excellent public servant, despite the handicap of having McConnell as one of the state’s U.S. Senators.

16 Likes

This is the least of what he’s done. As a freshman governor he stood up to McConnell and his proposal to let states and municipalities to go bankrupt.

14 Likes

Why can’t all politicians be this reasonable?

4 Likes

[quote] Beshear says he phoned him to apologize in person
[/quote]
On a tangent, I get what he means, but this still made purse my lips and shake my head.

Politicians admitting they were wrong and making a public apology :interrobang:

What’s next, actually listening to voters (instead of donors) :question:

5 Likes

A phone call was practically in person even in the before times.

5 Likes

And Rand Paul is their other one… that state literally has the worst delegation from the senate.

4 Likes

Ah, the Before Times… We had a thing, called a Rolodex. That’s a funny name, I know… Well, imagine your phone, but paper… And we had index cards… Sorry, I have some dust in my eye…

1 Like

Huh? Andy Beshear is currently the Gov of Kentucky.

1 Like

That was a joke about erroneously assuming there couldn’t really be two people with the same name. Steve Beshear (the current governor’s father) held the same office from 2007 to 2015.

12 Likes

A person in the executive branch of government apologizing for an incorrect statement? It’s like a unicorn these days.

I feel like that had a very limited audience of people who would “get” that.

1 Like

Oopsy! missed a few posts up there. Please ignore.

1 Like

I got it, but I was stationed at Ft Campbell, KY when his dad was governor, so YMMV.

1 Like

I barely know the governor of the state I live in. I don’t know hardly any other state governors :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Because too many voters believe the lies of the sociopaths they end up electing. And then, for whatever reason – perhaps sunk cost fallacy – they keep reelecting them even after they lied and lied again.

That’s just my theory.

5 Likes

So that whole claim against Tupac went capuT.

3 Likes