Kentucky's Whitefield Academy expels student for wearing a rainbow shirt in a Facebook photo

Absolutely lunatic stupidity frothing at the mouth like this is why I hate religion in general and am not religious.

Reality has no place in the brains of people like this.

It’s a fucking rainbow. It’s just a fucking rainbow.

Would somebody find a way to please kick these idiots off my planet? I’ll pay you.

5 Likes

That isn’t “cultural appropriation”. That is a series of really, really unfortunate choices.

Yes, known as cultural appropriation.

7 Likes

Obligatory:

14 Likes

I prefer saying “Be like Christ, go find a cross to die on for someone else, and leave me the hell alone”

Personally I respect most of what I remember reading about this Jesus character. But it is exactly as you said- it seems like he’s worshipped instead of actually followed as an example.

3 Likes

On the other hand, society is better off: the more students they expel, the fewer people are being brainwashed and given substandard education.

3 Likes

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/1030570X17736326

This article considers the blurred lines between male friendship and homoeroticism in 18th-century Methodism. It considers possible cases of transgressive male sexual acts among Methodist preachers, evaluates contemporary claims made about the sexual proclivities of leading Methodists, and considers the social location of 18th-century Methodism as a dangerous underworld of deviant religiosity whose centres of activity were often perched on the edge of sites of social exclusion. The ‘effeminacy’ of George Whitefield and the lack of heterosexual passion in his life are offered as a mode of examining the homosociality that existed within the heteronormative world of 18th-century Methodism.

preprint: https://repository.divinity.edu.au/3020/1/A_Divine_Attraction_Between_Your_Soul_and_Mine.pdf

1 Like

Lesbian cows, also.

4 Likes

Especially since it’s a symbol with very specific meaning in the bible. The fact that they’re willing to just let that go to not be associated with LGBT anything goes to show its about homophobia, not religion. Jesus is facepalming right now.

6 Likes

You can’t have a gay animal cruise without bears.

10 Likes

Not necessarily.
If you remove the transgressors and those who do not say yes for everything, the status quo’s views are left unchecked and then they are able to pull the remaining students closer to their ideology.

The idea of radicalization from isolation appears is several examples, and it doesn’t end well some times.
On the other hand, more integrated groups still are impacted by the outside groups and cannot get so radical as easily as the other case.

1 Like

Sometimes a rainbow is just a rainbow. And what about the rainbow in Christian mythology? She could be celebrating Noah’s covenant with ‘God’. The people who want to go backwards are our greatest threat.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.