Ketchup slices: shaped like cheese singles but look like fruit leather

Tomato slices in grilled cheese is pretty awesome. Dried out tomatoes with some dried out vinagre, though…I’m thinking not so much.

7 Likes

I’m not sure it would be more efficient than the Taco Bell food gun… because, if so, the purveyors of the $1.09 burrito would have already switched.

1 Like

Sun dried tomatoes on a grilled cheese are great. And less added sugar than ketchup. More fiber.

5 Likes

OMG! That sounds SOOOOO good.

I recommend a good sourdough with some cheddar and Havarti cheese, sun dried tomato and maybe a bit of basil or spinach. You want the havarti because it is mild and creamy, to balance the sharp tastes of the cheddar and sun dried tomatoes.

3 Likes

good idea - obvious really…hope they do well.

think flavorful chutney

The price is too high, will obviously come down is successful but some please make ketchup chips? Canada has them and they are great!

2 Likes

24 Likes

A product idea that obviously was thought up by an extraterrestrial who has no concept of what makes food enjoyable.

The whole point of ketchup is that it’s a liquid sauce. Turning it into leathery slices is like deciding that you’re going to skip watching Star Wars in the theatre because you have the Star Wars Viewmaster disk and surely it’s the same experience, right?

6 Likes

They’re not common here in the US but i do believe it can be found. I’m sure certain stores/chains might carry them but i don’t eat chips so couldn’t tell someone where to get them other than online

1 Like

They are not. Please, come and take them all.
I will trade you all the ketchup chips for all the chili lime doritos!

8 Likes

When can you get to Windsor? I’ll meet you at Duty Free.

4 Likes

4 Likes

Don’t have time to read all the comments. Am I the first to say this looks like another fruit roll up?

1 Like

Nope, you are not.

3 Likes

Want some Fruit Ketchup Gushers? mmmmm Mmmmm /s

images

*Shitty edit job brought to you by Paint. Can’t be arsed to do a proper Photoshop job since i’m at work lol.

8 Likes

So they’re basically selling ketchup roll-ups?

2 Likes

How about a ketchup/mustard swirl? Ketchup with yellow mustard, dijon, honey mustard, brown mustard, etc.

Oh, how about we saucify previously dry toppings? Salt and pepper together in some kind of neutral suspension. We could sell low sodium and salt free versions, of course. Also, how about turning lettuce into a spreadable paste? So you have a burger with a slice of cheese, a slice of ketchup and mustard and a couple squeezes of lettuce (boston, romaine or iceberg).

All this innovating has made me dizzy.

7 Likes

I wish I could like your post twice :smiley:

How about ketchup in a pill, à la The Jetsons? First you swallow your hamburger pill, then your ketchup pill, then your bun pill.

1 Like