Kevin McCarthy announces he will resign this month

♫ It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas… ♫ ? Kevin, will there be a plus one? The more the merrier. :smile:

3 Likes

Amazon Prime Smile GIF

4 Likes

4 Likes

See Ya Goodbye GIF by P!NK

3 Likes

Don’t let the door hi…

On second thought…

5 Likes

with some blaming the eight Republicans who voted to oust him in October

Some? I mean he set up a rule allowing a single person to oust him and then the biggest nutters in the nut house used it against him. They and him are responsible.

Like the Dems were supposed to save him? The prior day he literally was on TV blaming the Dems for everything, despite their voting for stuff he proposed because it was best for the country. I wouldn’t expect my enemies to save me…

5 Likes

“He set up the rule” is probably an overstatement. McCarthy conceded to the rule in a desperate attempt to placate the extremists who were blocking his confirmation vote, but it clearly wasn’t his idea or his desire to do so.

3 Likes

That’s the thing the Republicans have forgotten. They’re not supposed to be enemies. They’re both supposed to work to better the country.

Enemies are those guys invading Ukraine. Enemies are billionaires stealing from poor families. Enemies are shooting kids in schools. They’re just not that hard to recognize.

5 Likes

I’m sure the GOP wingnut welfare retirement programme has something lined up for him, just like his fellow dimwit Gohmert. Or maybe he’ll just be serving drinks at the Bakersfield Proud Boys clubhouse.

2 Likes
7 Likes

Also, he’s more than a lame duck: he has no influence, power, or friends. He’s the law firm partner who after sexually harassing a junior associate can’t be fired but is put in charge of paperclip chains in the mail room. If he doesn’t resign every day will be a reminder of the useless, empty shell he’s become.

6 Likes

By not serving the people who voted for him by doing his job?

What a transparent bunch of bullshit. All he wanted was power and prestige. When that was stripped from him he took his bail and went home. It was never about public service.

5 Likes

“I don’t know who the candidates might be, but based on 2020 presidential numbers, it is the most Republican district in the state,” said Kyle Kondik, managing editor of Sabato’s Crystal Ball, which analyzes elections. “Donald Trump won it by 25 points — it is too red of a district for Democrats to seriously contest it.”

I hope the Dems do contest it, strongly.

7 Likes

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

No more of this ignoring “red districts” because we can’t win them… contest every single district in this country…

5 Likes

I don’t think they’ve forgotten creating enemies and ginning up fear is what gets them elected. Well, that and other dirty politicking and utter shamelessness.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.