Kevin McCarthy once again tries toddler logic — the Democrats did it! (video)

That would basically blow out his one-watt brain. There wouldn’t be an attempt at a clever dodge, just a slack-jawed dumb guy struggling to process the concept.

9 Likes

My worry is that one of them will be Santos.

1 Like

I’m specifically talking about McCarthy’s claim that this is the Democrats’ fault. It is not. It has never been the norm for the minority party to help the majority party elect its speaker, and I disagree that that should change. Why should the Democrats bail out the GOP to fix a mess the GOP made by supporting some slightly less objectionable Republican like…well shit I don’t even know who that is. It’s not Scalise. And despite what Rankin said, it’s not Liz Cheney, either. Regardless, I don’t think the Democrats should do that. Now, if some Republicans want to cross the aisle and support Jeffries, I’m all for that, but that’s not the scenario I was talking about.

8 Likes
2 Likes

Yup, Wanker McCarthy.
…sounds about right.
It has a nice ring to it.

2 Likes

What in the actual fuck is this endless fucking gaslighting from that dipshit…

Mad Tommy Wiseau GIF by The Room

8 Likes

I generally agree with you, but really any Republican who works with Democrats to build a coalition will have to maintain that coalition by necessity. They will have crossed the Rubicon and be committed to continue a bipartisan approach. They might not like it; we might not like it; but it’s the best worst scenario for the country for the next year and a half.

2 Likes

I’m not sure that’s what @mmascari is saying. I read their statement as 5 or 9 GOP voting present or missing a vote. Leaving Hakeem Jefferies with a majority.

Of course that would also mean endless votes to depose him

2 Likes

I know that’s not what he was talking about. It’s also not what I was talking about. The issue of the post is McCarthy blaming Democrats, implying that he thinks the Democrats should help elect a Republican speaker. And that’s what I was saying has not happened, and should not happen, and then people keep replying to me about Republicans helping elect Jeffries, which I would love, but it’s not what I was talking about.

At this point whomever is elected is going to need bipartisan votes to win. There is no majority within the GOP willing to agree on a speaker.

Either an agreement to elect a candidate that can get enough votes from both parties. Whomever that is.

Or, enough GOP voting present or just not there at all to give the Democrats a majority of those present.

Last option is GOP trickery to create a smaller group present without enough Democrats.

None of that predicts who it will be, just how we get there.

1 Like

The Onion headline just writes itself:

“White guy blames minorities for his problems”

6 Likes

republicans are counting on we the people to continue with our basic understanding that the dems are the “responsible” party, and the repubs are the “mavericks,” which means that the onus is always on the dems to fix things when they’re broken, and NEVER on the repubs to act like adults. so of course the dems are expected to get us out of this somehow. don’t think for a second that, if the shoe were on the other foot, the repubs would even remotely consider helping the dems out.

3 Likes

Just saw McCarthy on Meet The Press it took less than 10 seconds to blame the democrats for not having a speaker.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.