Kevin McCarthy once again tries toddler logic — the Democrats did it! (video)

Originally published at: Kevin McCarthy once again tries toddler logic — the Democrats did it! (video) | Boing Boing

1 Like

Stop being a coward and take some personal responsibility, Kevin. Your party, the GOP, started this, the GOP is perpetuating the mess, and only the GOP can straighten it out. The Democratic party is not interested in taking your blame or in helping you clean up this omnishambles.

23 Likes

What a wanker. Take up your issues with the not-fit-for-congress members you rallied behind.

14 Likes

More finger-pointing from “the party of personal responsibility”.

How about he puts people before politics and votes for the candidate who’s been getting the most votes: Hakeem Jeffries?

19 Likes

Cat Tripping GIF

10 Likes

GOP Family Circus.

6 Likes

He has one audience and it’s not us.

10 Likes

And shame on the interviewer for even allowing him to get that many words out of his mouth.

10 Likes

The capacity for some human beings to wholly immerse themselves in falsehood is staggering.

6 Likes

I blame society, Officer Krumpke.

15 Likes

Hey Kevin, here’s a solution: 5 moderate Repubs (including yourself, dare I say?) make a deal and vote for Jeffries and form a coalition house and remove all power from minority nazi wing of your party? That would be putting the country before party. What a twit.

17 Likes

IKR? If I were the interviewer, I’d incredulously ask as follow up: “are you saying Matt Gaetz is a Democrat?”

4 Likes

In 2019 and 2021, Nancy Pelosi was elected Speaker without a single vote from a Republican. I’m sure if you go back far enough you can find a Speaker who was elected with bipartisan support, but it certainly hasn’t been the norm in recent times. McCarthy can try all he wants to blame this on Democrats, but it isn’t going to work.

18 Likes

I look forward to hearing McCarthy and Jordan explain what they’ve done to try to win over Democratic support.

9 Likes

Wat? Blaming them isn’t sufficient to garner their support?!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

8 Likes

… they tried to impeach Biden, what else could the Democrats want :crazy_face:

9 Likes

So, we’re due for a change. I think it is the only way we end this.

At some point it will finally be accepted that there isn’t a single GOP majority in the house. There’s a MAGA faction and a “scared of MAGA” faction, and perhaps a “wish we were not scared of MAGA but we still kind of are” faction. There really is no GOP at all.

Someone from one of the “scared” groups, someone in a competitive district where the Democratic opponent is a bigger worry than a primary challenger, some of these are going to flip. It’s a question of when and what needs to happen to break the dam and start the switch.

I don’t think we see just one either. It’ll take longer, but I bet we either see 5 switch all at once or 9 (I think it’s 9) all switch to “present” at once. They’ll want the numbers and to not be a single vote that exposes them singularly and without impacting the outcome.

I had thought this was a magical unicorn we would never find. But, now, I’m thinking that the MAGA group will never vote for a “not MAGA” and the “wish we were not scared” group will never vote for a MAGA. Since there’s more than 5 in both groups, a GOP option is impossible. Unless they use dirty tricks to hold a vote with lots of people missing.

8 Likes

8 Likes

Stupid party can’t figure its way out of a wet paper bag. Big surprise!

2 Likes

Someone should put it to McCarthy that the Republicans should get behind the more popular Democratic candidate for Speaker.

8 Likes