Kevin McCarthy sends message after Roe v. Wade decision: "Our work is far from done"

I think you forgot about the 19th amendment. They will need to get rid of that too.

6 Likes

All too true, unfortunately :disappointed:

2 Likes

Make being a woman a truly great* health risk, check! *Not great, but hyooooj.
Make being a man a truly great health risk…
Kill every living thing…
Raise the dead of all species in thrall to the GQP…
Child armies, how?
Automated guns in granola…
Dog treat dispensers that dispense (undead) chipmunks…
More cheese in dishes (okay with undead cow milk?)…

I’m just not seeing a heck of a trail after that.

8 Likes

Or, because they saw that as a convenient excuse for their misogyny.

C’mon. Anyone dumb enough to think HRC was going to “take the guns” wasn’t in agreement with her on any other issue at all. How’d that conversation go? “Yep! I’m for universal healthcare, strong unions, family leave, a higher minimum wage, and better overall protections for the poor. If only she wasn’t getting ready to send the cops to take my guns, I’d be voting for her.”

Puuuhlease.

8 Likes

Single-issue voters never run out of single issues, though. Their overwhelming single issue is that people who aren’t like them be made to suffer. In a country with two people, a single-issue voter will vote to restrict the rights of their identical twin.

9 Likes

Looks like you’re going into the conversation with an agenda.
I was not there to diagnose anyone, nor do I have pretentions of being a mindreader.
Having known & worked closely with them for many years, their stated reasons seemed to fit their personalities just fine. Case closed.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.