Kevin McCarthy sends message after Roe v. Wade decision: "Our work is far from done"

Originally published at: Kevin McCarthy sends message after Roe v. Wade decision: "Our work is far from done" | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Angry Star Trek GIF

32 Likes

In Virginia the MAGA governor in sheep’s covering is expressing the same message trying to keep the hate and crazy alive for the votes. I guess once the dog finally catches the car you have to remind it that there’s another one coming.

32 Likes

These evil muthafuckas really are hellbent on war.

33 Likes

There are still some rights out there to trample!

27 Likes

Republican Kevin McCarthy: We’re republicans We’ve been fucking shit up, we’re going to keep fucking shit up.

Democrat Andy Levin: Hey everybody! Look at me! Here I am doing yoga, all bent over and ready for whatever comes next!

(Context)

17 Likes

“Our work is far from done” – one of the evergreen mottos of fascists.

24 Likes

Their “work” isn’t done until everyone who isn’t a rich, straight, white, Christian male is either dead or enslaved. I wish I could believe this was even the slightest exaggeration anymore.

29 Likes

That’s the ultimate goal, never doubt it.

Orwell tried to warn us, but he could have never predicted this insane bullshit.

29 Likes

That’s when they turn on the “wrong” kind of whites and Christians. The only things fascism offers are stolen goods and sadism; it is not capable of being finished.

22 Likes

I do hope that today’s decision means that the “single issue voters” will not bother to vote in upcoming elections.

3 Likes

Most of the single issue voters I know are 2nd amendment types. They’ll all still be voting.

6 Likes

But how will you do that work from your prison cell, Kevin?

8 Likes

I’ve met many people over the years who I thought were reasonable in all aspects of their life until I found out that the only reason they voted was to “save the babies”.

That was it. They kept to themselves, were nice to their neighbors no matter what their views. They did not care for politics. Except for this ONE ISSUE. Which is now over (for them).

The GOP has a lot of “single issue voters” in their base. I’ve always assumed they would keep the talk about repealing Roe v. Wade but never actually do it because it was such a big rallying cry for them.

That’s why I think this “OUR WORK IS NOT DONE” comment was put out there.

12 Likes

Oh, no. It was to let their base know: “we got abortion, now it’s time to get birth control and gay marriage.”

And once that’s done, maybe outlaw trans people, repeal the 14th amendment, and how about outlaw the religions and sects they don’t like.

They are, and have been laser focused on converting the US into a theocratic hellhole. They will not stop until they are reduced to complete political impotence.

This wasn’t an plea to keep single issue voters engaged. It was a rallying cry to their base that the worst is yet to come.

9 Likes

Here in Illinois, the Repugnicant asshole front runner for gov is using Qanon/Nazi dog whistle language in stump speeches in remote towns downstate, i.e. “There’s a storm coming.”

I’ve had eyes on him since he sued our Democratic gov over mask mandates in 2020.

9 Likes

Well, they’re hellbent on fascism. They don’t really care what happens after that.

8 Likes

Yup, some former coworkers voted for against Hillary not because of her gender or her name, but because they were afraid for their precious gunz.

6 Likes

Gay marriage is next. If there’s anything the fundies hate more than abortion it’s gay people.

7 Likes

I’m sure that the SCOTUS activist jurists appreciate the even brighter targets KM has drawn on their backs.