Rep. Andy Levin symbolizes Dems' response to end of abortion rights

Originally published at: Rep. Andy Levin symbolizes Dems' response to end of abortion rights | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Amy Poehler Reaction GIF

24 Likes

fuck my life bang head GIF

28 Likes

Utterly fucking useless, the whole lot of them

23 Likes

After a hard day of outrage, I like to reward myself with a cold beer.

17 Likes

The Democrats are not willing to play hardball.

The Republicans are.

Until this changes, expect nothing else to change.

24 Likes

Andy’s getting close. He just needs to bend a little farther and he’ll be rewarding himself accordingly.

I try to have hope that the U.S. will be able to avert the worst. I really do. But complacent and self-congratulatory establishment Dems like Levin and Pelosi make it very difficult.

25 Likes

That’s some serious NPR Dem action right there.

Damn dude.

5 Likes

Democrats, hard at work making sure Civil War II becomes our only way out of this mess. Thanks so much, fearless leaders. What would we ever do without you?

7 Likes

Fucking cowering cowards.

17 Likes

I’d be so upset if someone snuck up and whacked his ass with a two by four.

15 Likes

How many people who voted for Democrats to save democracy thought that would entail - checks notes - doing yoga to cope with political defeat?

5 Likes

Mmm, much like how I brim with confidence in my ability to get a six-pack and learn Japanese.

What MSNBC fans can’t grasp is that for most Democrats, this decision is good news. They might kinda care about your rights, or about who wins The Bachelor, or whatever, but their main thing is that this will be great for their fundraising. They’re not aiming for good outcomes and sucking at it; they’re aiming to let Republicans do bad stuff, because that is how they get paid, i.e. it is their job.

The only way to get politicians who actually oppose the right is to teach Democrats that they will lose their jobs if they don’t do that. Here’s what establishment Democrat Lawrence O’Donnell had to say in 2007:

If you want to pull the party–the major party that is closest to the way you’re thinking–to what you’re thinking, YOU MUST, YOU MUST show them that you’re capable of not voting for them. If you don’t show them you’re capable of not voting for them, they don’t have to listen to you. I promise you that.

3 Likes

People don’t vote for Democrats to save democracy… they’re pretty bloody useless at that. People vote for Democrats because the Democrats are not the ones who are actively dismantling democracy.

There is a very real and meaningful difference between the two parties, but it’s not a choice between the person who will murder you and the person who will save you. It’s a choice between the person who will murder you and the person who stands around lamenting murderers.

33 Likes

Yeah: both parties need to be eradicated, but the Republicans are an existential threat. They need to go first, then we can deal with the Democrats.

4 Likes

What do you call it when someone gets a job because of family connections? Bad

1 Like

Fair point, though that was/is part of the platform branding.

I was going to make a snarky comment of “if only they could teach the world to sing”, posting a tweet of House Democrats singing God Bless America on the steps of the Capital. But it got removed. :confused:

Anyway, you are right.

They are just standing around while and tut tutting those who are.

Completely agree. :confused:

Namaste?

4 Likes

I’m prepared to accept that it would be great news if they did that at the expense of your rights, health and livelihood.

8 Likes

Sure. Won’t get paid unless they let the Nazis win.

You think that masterplan up yourself?

12 Likes

This isn’t too much a shock. One, we knew this was coming, and two, quite a number of the democrat PACs I follow and congress critters I follow / give money to / vote for had donation solicitations go out within SECONDS of the Supreme Court’s official announcements on the SCOTUS website. (Which is the only way they release this information, though, I still think there’s some board at the building that also gets posted with results)

The conservatives caught the car, and the liberals will now use this to solicit funds and votes. It’s obviously, definitely, bad news… but it’s also likely secured many of their jobs as long as they carry it.