Key ministers quit Boris Johnson's government after yet another scandal and yet another constantly-changing story

The ‘Oh God, What Now ,,,’ formerly ‘Remainiacs’ podcast is going to be a corker this week. There will probably be a few swears to be heard.

4 Likes

Whether you’re talking about the American or British aristocracy, meeting or dealing with these people face-to-face can be really off-putting for a normal human. Terms like “unpleasant” and “rotten” and “nasty” don’t quite convey the disconcertingly alien energy they give off as a result of prolonged exposure to all that money and power.

5 Likes

Sounds like you have a personal story to tell. Do spill those beans, please!

7 Likes

No one particular story. Through no real effort I’ve just come into contact with these types in various social and business and educational settings over the years and always walked away feeling squicked out and in need of a shower. I’d wager you or any other Happy Mutant reading this topic would feel the same way.

I guess one thing I can tell you from a couple of dating experiences I had is that even when a member of one of these groups tries to make a real break with it there’s an aspect of the alienness that’s apparently impossible to shake if you were born into it.

5 Likes

Maybe they should all lay off the booze.

1 Like

jarvis cocker 90s GIF

6 Likes

Exactly. And the Shatner version is almost as poignant.

2 Likes

This version of the gif isn’t tho:
common people dancing GIF

5 Likes

That guy is such a nasty weirdo. Observing him is like being in the MCU and watching Spiderman cosplaying Ironman at a comicon.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s amazing how much of a frankenstein’s monster of aristocratic asshole cliches he is.

ETA to add much (which isn’t much).

2 Likes

If Ian Dunt is on (and I can’t believe he won’t be), there won’t be much room for anything else.

1 Like

What? When the taxpayer subsidises eight bars in the Commons alone?

Saying this must have made this sadist so happy.

2 Likes

My money is on her being the next PM.

Note that is entirely different from me actually wanting her to be PM.

I’d rather she had a celebratory drink on a boat on the Thames tonight and it drift out to sea and the Royal Navy and Coastguard refuse to save her but that’s just me.

10 Likes

From what I’ve heard of her that’s a truly terrifying thought. She’s the textbook illustration for “the cruelty is the point”.

7 Likes

She appears to represent “the cruelty is all.”

8 Likes

Yeah, her whole thing is the cruelty is the cruelty is the cruelty.

5 Likes

Tired Work GIF by TV Land

Is there someone out there who keeps asking, “but can this get any worse”?

4 Likes

I don’t mind people asking that question but those actively working to make it so can fuck right off.

5 Likes

I think that someone is asking, and the universe is just like, “well, let’s see”…

5 Likes