Keyboards!

I actually have one of the CODE keyboards, with cherry MX green switches. My only complaint is that they accomplished the backlighting by starting with fairly translucent keys and adding a coating, which can wear off. The switches work for me though as I am more of a drummer than a typist.

2 Likes

But then it would be where the mouse goes.

1 Like

In high school, I taught myself to type on a Dvorak keyboard. I donā€™t anymore, but Iā€™m sure it would come back to me.

1 Like

4 Likes

Labels for the LEDs? Positively rococo!

1 Like

Iā€™m really hard on my keyboards, especially for work. I need replacements entirely too often. I am a keyboard snob and feel is very important to me. Iā€™ve thought about getting a mechanical keyboard for years and finally I decided to treat myself and I picked up a Corsair K70.

After taking a few hours to get accustomed to it (the keys are super sensitive), so far Iā€™m loving it. It had Cherry MX Red keys which arenā€™t very loud from actuation but they do clunk a little when pressed all the way down. I picked up some O rings to help with that and Iā€™ll get them installed on Monday.

3 Likes

Crappy picture, but you can see the keyboard(s)ā€¦

Itā€™s part of this MSwindows rig:

Sitting/standing desk. Um, the little screen at the bottom is a separate tablet, not part of the system.

2 Likes

Iā€™m a huge fan of the MS Sculpt keyboard. I have the wireless tenkeyless version that has an add on numpad. The mouse with which it comes is okay, not great, but I love the keyboard. Only complaint is that thereā€™s a switch, not a key, to toggle the function key behaviour.

1 Like

My current Work Setup. 122 Keys is almost enough.

2 Likes

That was the one that Engadget said was best recently:

If I didnā€™t hate the arrow key/page key layout on that so much.

1 Like

Itā€™s two too many for an accordion, but one accordion is too many.

4 Likes

Everybody Polka now!

3 Likes

Iā€™m jealous! Obviously Iā€™ve got at least twice that many keys, but both my keypads are stupid 17-key adding machine schlock (so not VT100 or LNK01 compatible) and I donā€™t have that function key sidebar (so not Sun or 5250 compatible) and Iā€™ve only got 12 function keys so I have to use ctrl-fn combinations to get 3270 emulationā€¦ I wore out a couple of those keyboards back in the day, havenā€™t seen one for a long time. Donā€™t they use an obsolete fat barrel connector?

This is an old terminal keyboard that had an RJ45 connector.

I opened up and spliced in a Teensy 2.0 with the Soarerā€™s Converter firmware and then mapped the keys to my liking.

I picked up some clear keycaps but still havenā€™t finished off the legends, but the F13 - F24 are all special characters and Text Faces for quick āš† _ āš† and \ (ā€¢ā—”ā€¢) / and ą² ā•­ā•®ą² .

The left side Functions are generally remapped to missing keys (Esc, Print Screen, Windows Key) and hot keys for a few apps.

1 Like

Iā€™m more a zydeco fan, but I like Brave Combo too.

Excellent work! Ā  Kudos to Soarer and to you too! Thatā€™s a nifty site.

But now Iā€™m even MORE jealousā€¦

You have to leave the BBS if you donā€™t. :smile:

1 Like

Filco Majestouch-2 (Metallic Blue) USB (Cherry MX Blue)

This is a loud, tactile, solid, quality keyboard with good mod and maintenance potential, antithetical to the usual laptop keyboard. MX Blue keyswitches might not be for everyone, but Iā€™d recommend checking out Filcoā€™s product line. A strong alternative to buckling-spring keyboards.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 478 days. New replies are no longer allowed.