KFC's new 'Cheetos Sandwich' not my first choice either

Yeah, I’d eat it.

2 Likes

No, a chip butty is something else entirely:

4 Likes

Fries are chips
Chips are crisps

Now we need something in the US called a “Crisp” that the English can call a “fry” and we’ll be able to break the Codex.

4 Likes

When I first read Cheetos sandwich I thought a certain Trump video finally came out.

enjoy the fuel!

Green beans are unhealthy? It doesn’t seem like it would be hard for green beans to be the healthiest thing on a menu.

2 Likes

it’s not different from putting potato chips on sandwiches. i mean, i wouldn’t eat the chicken, but i’d eat a sandwich with cheetos on it, no problem.

2 Likes

Chips and Vegemite is particularly nice.

1 Like

Mmm crispy

I mean, I rarely eat junk food, but when I do, I make it a point to go large and try the latest atrocity. I ate these, I can’t imagine KFC’s thing will be a huge leap.

3 Likes
1 Like

Does she come with mashed potatoes and gravy?

https://global.discourse-cdn.com/boingboing/original/4X/2/4/d/24db081961a17cd6a6b9a474fed0d071c3f81500.jpeg

2 Likes

Back in high school, during recess I used to go to buy me the breakfast at a deli run by two german ladies, they would gladly make you any combination of two ingredients bocadillo.
My favorite one was a combination of Fritos with sobrasada.
The combination of the salty crunchiness of the Fritos with the sweet paprika of the sausage spread between two halves of ready made bread, and the deep understanding that it was a crime against culinary science and my waistband was the perfect mix to reach the heavens… :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Y’all are haters. All the real kids added cheetos/chips to their roast beef/turkey sandwiches. You’re weird if you didn’t imho.

2 Likes

I’ll take the biscuits and gravy with chocolate chip cookies for dessert.
She’ll have the fried fish fries, with fries and a crisp garden salad.

2 Likes

Pringles are called “potato crisps” because the potato chip lobby made sure they weren’t allowed to call themselves chips. Sadly they’re still called pringles in the UK.

I used to add potato chips to my bologna sandwiches in grade school. They were very tasty that way but I would never have asked my Mom to prepare it ahead of time that way so it just sat in the brown paper bag until lunch time. they need to be crisp to be enjoyable. Recently my nephew has stared adding breakfast cereal to his fried chicken batter. I called him on it right away. Not that they came out tasting nasty or anything but the skin was just way to crispy.

I don’t like Cheetos so if KFC did roll this out I’d never order it.

I used to enjoy adding salt-and-vinegar crisps to my sausage and fried egg sandwich back when my workplace had a canteen, but the Cheetos Sandwich doesn’t look like it’ll work all that well. (You really need to crush down a crisp sandwich as you’re making it, IMO, and I doubt they will, for one thing)

1 Like

Swing and a miss on not going all in with Flamin Hot Cheetos

1 Like

It’s not the beans, it’s the lard they’re soaked in for six hours before being boiled beyond reason.

Relevant:

3 Likes