Kickstarting a metal, reusable, self-extracting straw

If this is the future of straws, I’ll just learn to enjoy drinking from a cup without one. Are folks really going to carry around a bulky box like that just so they can have a straw handy? Not me!

1 Like

The only thing missing from the kickstarter is the infomercial bit of a person failing to use a normal straw or drink straight from a cup

5 Likes

I dont tolerate this. We hear constantly about hard times for restaurants and paying servers, so the cost of unused/unwanted waste should be at least a monetary issue.

Leave the table and ask for a manager… I have seen results of my efforts at the local restaurants in my area, sometimes it just takes someone asking. An ER nurse friend of mine got an entire hospital to change their pill cups and water cups from styrofoam to paper in a single afternoon, just by sending a couple of emails!

(One restaurant gave my entire 4 top to go waters in styrofoam and straws without asking… they were trying to hint that we overstayed our welcome during lunch rush. I was furious! National chain, so I doubt my suggestions landed on anyone that cared)

1 Like

snorts coffee out nose

12 Likes

giphy

rashida-jones

11 Likes

What are they supposed to be for?

1 Like

I believe for sweet tea and cocktails, i don’t really make either at home but i was tickled by the straw/spoons when i saw them so i bought them. They were like a buck or two each

2 Likes

Anodize them black, cut one end ad 45 degrees, and you have tactical straws. Only $49.99 each!

20 Likes

Oh, I thought they were hipster heroin spoons.

4 Likes

lmao they could be

1 Like

Kinda the same thought here. I liked the idea at first though. Then I saw how bulky the straw itself, to say nothing of the case are. Way too big for me to want to put on my key ring.

Edit to add:

Also, Borosilicate glass is waaaay cooler than stainless steel.

Also to add that they have competition with The LAST Straw.

2 Likes

For… drinking. Right?

5 Likes

Pasta straws also work rather well.

4 Likes

Reminds me of when I was a kid - my favorite thing about the rare times when we got Twizzlers was biting the ends off one and using it as a straw. I’m getting a wave of slightly gooey nostalgia just thinking about it

3 Likes

TIL people are willing to spend $30 on a straw.

2 Likes

Straws: mostly useless for drinking (very useful as spitball shooters) exceppptttt…

1. People with super sensitive teeth/gums. Drinking can be nearly intolerable w/o one for these folks.

2. Pop in a glass w/ ice, especially crushed ice. For some reason I just can’t w/o a straw (can drink any other drink w/ ice no problem, I just don’t get it.)

4 Likes

4 Likes

My default assumption is the all crowd-funding is a scam. This useless thing does not invalidate that assumption.

2 Likes

Must also have knurling…

Edit: Doh! Turns out “tactical” straws are made out of titanium, have the 45 degree cut, and are only $45. :-/

7 Likes