Kid gets head unstuck from fence bars

Continuing in the “youtube embeds loaded with random content” saga of the morning, instead of kid and fenceposts I got

I was thinking of using a car jack…

Nope. The kid is awesome. Either he figured out the way out when his parents could not, which is awesome. Or he got in that way, and didn’t tell them, which is awesomer. Or the parents saw the other video and decided to remake it, which is super lame-o, but the kid is still the star.

Hands up for number three? Yeah, right. I thought so too.

1 Like

Many years ago @Otherbrother and I witnessed a kid get his head stuck that way waiting in line for a ride at Disneyland. The kid’s mother immediately went into a panic, but being the engineer he is my brother immediately saw the solution, stepped up and extracted the kid in about two seconds.

I wish I could take credit, but I think you remember wrong. That was in the queue for the teacups ride and it was a ride operator who stepped in to save the day (to much applause from the waiting guests). I did however remember the technique and use it to extract one of my own kids from a playground fence a few years back.

3 Likes

Oh, I must be mixing up the two events then.

Kids are emotional sponges. Parents exhibiting fear or worry in this kind of situation will merely antagonize the child. Sorry to break your epistemic bubble, but even nervous laughter is better than overt negative emotions.

Anyway, pretty sure this is staged.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’d definitely get the job done, but you’d have to go and fetch it, and you’d be missing out on the bonus 5x multiplier on your manly man points for improvising with the closest thing to hand :wink:

So: Whip your shirt off, tie it around the two adjacent rungs, jamb a stick in there and twist.
If you’re worried your shirt isn’t strong enough, pee on it first.
That last bit might traumatize the kid, somewhat.

Edit I type only with my three thumbs.

Meanwhile, the whippet is like “Pfft, wideheads. This would never happen to me”.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.