Kiddie board games imagined as horror flicks

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/07/kiddie-board-games-imagined-as-horror-flicks.html

6 Likes

What, no “Operation”? I’m picturing a horrified and obviously un-anaesthetised patient lying on the table under a blood-spattered doctor with a scalpel in his shaking hand.

I’d watch any of these instead of the clumsy real-life attempts to capitalise on Milton Bradley IP (e.g. Battleship).

17 Likes

I imagine Monopoly would make a great psychological horror about people trapped for eternity in an endless argument while watching their savings slowly fritter away. :crazy_face:

12 Likes

I can see special effects exploding blood packs going off on contact. Oooops!

Ponchos not included kids!

4 Likes

I thought Hungry Hippos was a real movie…

2 Likes

Mmm, Candyland…
djangounchained-leoblog630-jpg_225139

2 Likes

Don’t Wake Daddy was too easy to bother with?

“One does not simply walk in to Candyland.”

2 Likes

I was looking through the list of games and of course…
Is there nothing in this country this fucker hasn’t sullied?

4 Likes

“The game of LIFE – no one gets out alive.”

2 Likes

RISK is pretty obvious but it might be for too-old kids. CHESS can be easily brutalized, image-wise. How about card games? GIN RUMMY to boost alcoholism and drug abuse. GO FISH abounds with underwater monsters.

Connect Four – and watch the bottom drop out.
Battleship – oh wait, we already did a movie.
eta: Didn’t notice it already got an honorable mention from Gracchus.

1 Like

As long as we’re doing torture / body horror:

7 Likes

David (or indeed his son and worthy heir Brandon) Cronenberg’s Twister?

2 Likes

The only houses in the game, in that case, would be Bleak Houses. (Jarndyce v. Jarndyce being the endless argument.)

1 Like

3 Likes

“We are just going to remove your humerus from your arm. This won’t hurt a bit… It will hurt like nothing you have ever experienced before.”

Are we sure that the game wasn’t secretly invented by Dr Mengele?

These are just way too plausible as movies. The art really sells it, but one can absolutely see this being done.

Too obvious?

1 Like

Too obvious? Not as obvious as Mister Potato Head.

_(ツ)_/¯

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.